Friday, April 22, 2016

Shaving Cream and Other Fun

  So it was an odd week. Not bad by any means, but odd! So I found out today that I will be staying here in Houston 2. But saddest of sad, Elder Stout is leaving. He's such a cool guy. We laughed so much. But I'll be getting a guy in his third tranfer named Elder Grimes. I've never heard of him, but Elder Seal met him. I'm so glad I'll be staying with Elder Seal; he's another class act as you can see from the pictures. 
     So the pictures. We were about to get ready for bed, then Elder  Seal put some shaving cream on. Then so did I. Then so did Elder Stout. Elder Unick went to bed. We won that round haha. It was so funny. 
     I'm definitely feeling a decent amount trunky. I work hard, but sometimes, especially at the end of the day, I feel fairly emotional. There's a joke that the last two transfers are the opposite of the first two in the field. I'll be anti-training and preparing to adjust myself to world life haha. All jokes though; I have work to do! 
     So one of my spiritual highs from the week was a zone meeting we had on Tuesday. We watched a couple [President-sanctioned] videos that were super cool. The focus was on how we as missionaries cannot do our work focused from the what we do to the how we do it to the why. That isn't successful. We have to work from the why to the how to the what. That is a business strategy that coincidentally is in acord with the spirit of missionary work. 
     For example, there was a stand up commedian who took a break in his show to talk to a [black] guy in the audience. He was a music teacher. He asked him to sing Amazing Grace. It was good, and he got applause. He then asked him to sing it as if he had just gotten out of prison, was shot in the back when younger, his father died, ghetto style. It was SO packed with emotion, and the audience went wild! As he had more purpose, it generated more inspiring results. It is the same with our message. If we know why we are out here, we will act with more gusto. 
     Marc took us out on Friday. He just drove us to some visits and took us to eat and baught us $60 of popsickles. Yes, we love him. He's such a good guy, too. He is so tried by the devil. I will call him every now and then when I get home to keep up my Spanish. Love that guy.
     Sunday was a good day. Hna's McMullin and Hofheins had a double baptism. I had interviewed the kids on Friday. There are three: Karla, Carlos, and Raquel (ages 11, 12, and 16). Carlos couldn't come because he had to babysit his brother. He was super sad about it, and actually cried. He will get baptized on Tuesday, though :) I got to baptize Karla and Raquel. It was super cool! I love getting in the water! I love helping people come closer to Christ! This Gospel is real, and it changes people for the better. I know it, and I love it. I love you all, I really do. I wish you understood how grateful I am for your support. Even if it means just reading my emails, it means I'm touching someone by what I'm doing. Have the best week and remember that we have The Lord God Almighty on our side! 
 
-Elder Spjute

This is the quality of the in-ground pools here in Houston :)

Marc spent $60 on paletas for us. Paletas are Hispanic popsickles. Crazy!


We delighted in shaving cream beards. And Elder Seal in... that.

Add caption



The sisters had two baptisms yesterday and had me baptize their converts. One is Raquel, the older one. The other is Karla.


So this was my planner cover from the last transfer. It's pretty much just a picture taped onto the cover of the planner. Pretty cool

No comments:

Post a Comment