Friday, April 22, 2016

Flooding once again! Letter from April 20

 Sorry everyone, this will have to be a pretty short email session! As I'm sure a few of you have heard, yesterday, Houston received a ton of rain. An amount of rain that hasn't been seen since ...that's right... last year! Not even a year ago, I was in some of the same houses moving wood and carpeting that was destroyed. Today, the second people we helped out RECOGNIZED me! How crazy is that? Not just the same street, but the same house! I remember being in that house for hours and hours last year. It broke my heart a little.
     But there is something so satisfying about serving with all your heart, MIGHT, mind, and STRENGTH! The Lord really adds in a qualifying factor that fill you and those you serve with so much love! The flood water didn't go quite as high as last year, but it did get high enough that there will still be just about as much reparations. Time to get comfy for a few weeks of intense service!We all got completely soaked while helping in the rain today
     We were cooped up yesterday, and couldn't get to our emails. The pics are of the garbage in the street, and the next story:
     It all starts with inside jokes. We have been talking about Harry Potter a lot lately, and Elder Seal and Stout and I would pretend to cast curses with our pens as wands. We all have our own way and sound of doing it. That's one part of the inside joke. The next is that we watch this old church video in which one of the guys in Zion's Camp (google if you don't know) complains about there being "no more fresh water). We always say "fresh __" as we were checking the mail, I cast a spell three times at our mail box, and Elder  Stout did once. I said before opening, "I just cast myself three fresh letters." And Elder Stout said, "I just cast myself a bunch of junk mail." Look what we got. Look what we got!!! That's right, I'm a prophet. Or a wizard. I'm not sure yet.
     It was sad seeing Elder Stout leave!!! I loved that kid! One of the greats for sure. Elder Grimes and I will do work!
     Gotta get going. I love you all! Pray for the people down here.

-Elder Spjute



District pics at the running meeting. Elder Seal, Stout and I are casting spells.

After checking the mail

I baptized another one of the sisters' converts!

Window shot of the rain

Garbage on the sidewalk after flooding

No comments:

Post a Comment