Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference Was Awesome!! Letter From April 4th

 Am I right? Was conference not so amazing?! So the garlic crusted prime rib you see before you was Marc's dinner for us with Ana and Juan for Sunday night. Topped off the weekend well! The next picture is just a little bit of what our snacks were like for conference.
     This week was not too great for our numbers, but we feel Spiritually recharged after yesterday and Saturday. We had a lot of service this week! Seeing as Cleofas just moved :'( But it was a pretty low week for visits.
     District meetings are all becoming very rote, and it's kind of sad. President has just laid it all out so much that it's harder to be original! I will strive to do a little better though. Especially because these are weekly things!
     On Wednesday, I went on an exchange with Elder Seal. He came to my area. He's so cool. We get along super well because we're always on splits here and there. He teaches well, and has pretty good Spanish for being in the mission as long as Elder Stout. We got a new investigator and a baptismal date with a kid named Edwin. We're praying his parents will be accepting. We've only talked with him, and he said when he told his mom he had a date, that she just responded that he was already baptized. He seems to understand authority, though :D
     During the exchange, we ate with Ana and Juan. Ana is from El Salvador, and makes super good pupusas. We both ate 7. You usually get full with five! Three is often more than sufficient. We play this game within the district all the time called what are the odds. One person will ask another "what are the odds that you...[eat another pupusa]?" and the person will reply "one in...[7]." Then someone counts down from 3 and at 0, both people have to say a number. If they say the same number, the person who got dared has to do the task. If the numbers add up to the second person's number (7), the darer has to do the task. I nailed Elder Seal with the pupusas >:)
     Thursday was all weekly planning and helping Cleofas and her family move. It was pretty bitter-sweet. But we have much confidence in her :)
     So that was all of the interesting from this week other than conference! Marc came and watched some of it with us. I think Elder Christofferson's talk might have gotten to him. His family situation is pretty cruddy. I love Marc, and I saw a lot in the conferences that could have helped him quite a lot.
     Also, I saw a lot in the conferences that could have helped me quite a lot! I got so many answers! The big outlining themes, I feel, were protecting the family unit, using priesthood power responsibly, and hope/faith. It was so awesome! My favorite talk was a tie between Elder Ballard's and Elder Bednar's talk. I learned from Elder Ballard how to run a more successful family, which is inspiring, and makes me a little trunky haha. I learned from Elder Bednar how to retain a remission of my sins, and to utilize better the Atonement. What a great weekend!
     Needless to say, I know this church is true! If you don't know, hope and search! I live it, and I love it! Have a great week, and I love you all!

-Elder Spjute




No comments:

Post a Comment