Monday, April 4, 2016

Awesome Week! Letter from March 28th

 So as the pictures show, I went to the temple again! We'd been praying for someone to take Cleofas and us to the temple so she could do baptisms. Hna Suarez, who took the picture, helped her get a name, and got a trip all set up as we set up the appointment. It was the best temple trip ever! Like they all are!
      As I pulled up, Hno Moreno, from Kemah, pulled my water bottle out of my bag. Cool! His whole family was there. Then, Bishop Martin, his wife Gladis, and Hna Santillan from Missouri City were there! More awesomeness! While inside, I saw Hna and Hno Gonzales, some of the Colombians from Kemah. I love them! Then, the whole Galveston branch was there in the baptistery! Wow! I chatted with Janitzy Rivera a lot. She's a good friend from Galvy. I loved that temple trip! I was baptized for 4 of my ancestors and had Cleofas do one of the women from my tree. So spiritual! I also got to baptize Hno Bonet, featured in the picture :) He's Cuban. Stud.
     So noteworthy thing I forgot last week: I put together a choir of 8 for a fireside we had last Sunday. Because I had to write about 2 weeks, that slipped my mind. We sang Come thou Fount. One I'd performed in ward choir a few times. I already had the sheet music. Thanks Mom! The singers were me, Elders Seal, Unick, and another named Ripley, then Hnas Hofheins, and some named Wood, Whitmer, and Palmer with Hna McMullin on the piano. It was a beautiful number. Really brought the spirit.
     So I love my companion a lot. We've decided that we probably won't get a third transfer together because we get along so dang well. I love it! We had an exchange in which the zone leader came to both of us. It was odd and quiet and boring. Total opposite of our relationship! Plus, we get work done.
     For about 7 weeks, our area was slow and struggling, and now, the Lord has chosen to bless us with much success. We are filtering our teaching pool! We have a date with an Argentine named Julian, who was a member whose records got lost. Very promising!
     I just wanted to wish you a happy late Easter! I love the Savior and know he lived, died, and was resurrected for all of us. I love this time of year, conference and everything! I love how many people came to church yesterday! So great! And I love being a missionary. The Church is true. I love you all,

-Elder Spjute




No comments:

Post a Comment