Monday, October 26, 2015

The Rains Came Down

 First things first, don't worry about me. Hurricane Patricia didn't really do much to us. We got a ton of rain on Saturdayand Sunday, but nothing too exciting. I appreciate all of the prayers, and am safe; no worries! I was happy to be in a car this week!
     So this week, I've been playing around with the electric keyboard we have in the apartment. I've been learning to play The Entertainer. There's a setting that teaches you to play songs that it has on it. It's pretty fun :) I do that for a little bit during some of the free time.
     This week, we met more with some Venezuelan kids we met, Carlos and Alejandro. They're 18 and 20, and super cool kids. We taught Carlos, and are working on getting them to come to soccer on Friday. These two really perk our interests. We desire their salvation. That's been something I've noticed more and wanted more of in the mission is desires of others' salvation. Righteous desire, right?
     During Spanish study, I usually read the Book of Mormon in Spanish for a while, and will sometimes work on other stuff. Since being here in Kemah, I've read about 300 pages in Spanish :) I love it! I'm to the point where I understand pretty much all that I read. It's just a matter of time. Super cool.
     We went to our branch's Trunk or Treat, in which we were joined by one of the English wards as well. It was pretty fun :) I absolutely love Halloween. It's just so fun, and jovial. The first picture is of Alfredo, E. Sharp, Milton, Favio, Marcos, Luis, and me. They were all at the Trunk or Treat, so we decided it was a good time for a picture. Lots of fun. One of our members dressed up as Luigi and his little 3 year old dressed up as Mario. It was pretty cute. So darn fun!
     The other picture, is us with Edgar Moreno, and his dad (also Edgar Moreno). We eat with them on Sundays. They're an awesome family :).
     So let me tell you all how yesterday was such an awesome Sunday. We had some extra time in the church building due to our branch council ending early. In that time between that and Sacrament meeting, one of the English wards has choir practice. Of course I went and joined in ;) It was so fun! It kind of tested my sight reading, which was kinda rusty haha. I loved that! Me and the other guy singing base were just joking the whole time, and singing it up! 
     Next, we were kinda sad that like 5 minutes after when we were supposed to start, there was only about 20 people in the chapel. By the end of the meeting, EVERYONE we really wanted to be there was there! We had visited with a less active named Nacho the night before and invited him and his wife and kids to church. They actually came! And then Nefi, Nefito, and Dalila came as well!! YES! And Alfredo came, and Milton, and wow! Just everyone :) And Hna Moreno, the mom who cooks for us on Sundays, gave a wonderful talk on repentance. It was so good! 
     Now, Elder Sharp and I have been pondering about how we were going to go about teaching the Law of Chastity to Nefi and Dalila because they're living together with his son and her son, and they aren't married. Well guess what the lesson was in Gospel Doctrine.That's right, Law of Chastity, which Hna Moreno taught, as well. It was incredible! The Lord definitely set that one up. Dalila totally got it as well, she was crying after some videos we watched. It was seriously one of the best Sundays on the mission. Holy cow! We gave Nefi a blessing afterwards because he was feeling a little worried, and he threw out his back. 
     It was also convenient that they were there because we had an appointment set up for Nefito, who is 13, and got into some bad stuff, to talk with branch Pres. Allred. It worked out! The Lord is so good to us!
     This Thursday, we're having a Zone Conference in which Elder Corbridge of the 70 is coming to visit us. I was asked to sing for that. I had hoped to sing a cool song about the Savior that I had in my repertoire, but it looks like I'm doing If You Could Hie to Kolob again. I'm fine with the song, but it's not like it's ridiculously spiritual, ya know. Should be good, though. Wish me luck!
     I'll say it again, the Lord is too good to me. I love this mission so much. I am feeling myself grow now, and can't deny it. This gospel is so true. I have a cemented testimony in the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I love it! I know this gospel blesses lives. I see it every day. I love you all, and thank you so much for your continued support! Happy Halloween!

-Elder Spjute



No comments:

Post a Comment