Monday, October 19, 2015

10/12 Temple Trip Tomorrow!

So today at the end of the day, we'll be driving to Sugar Land, where we'll stay with some members there and sleep over. Then in the morning, we'll head to the temple with about half the mission. I'm so excited! We're taking two questions: What are my expectations for my mission/life? and one personal one. The one I chose being 'How have I changed and how will I stay changed from before the mission? Should be really cool!

     So last Monday night, we had a roast dinner with our neighbor, Joe. It was SO good. Man! He's a stud. Not a member, or really interested in the church (due to love of alcohol, pot, and cigarettes), but he's a stud. We've convinced him to dress up as a missionary for Halloween, though haha :D 

     Later, I started an exchange in my area with Elder Tautu, one of the APs. He's new to the AP office as of this transfer. Elder Sharp went to Houston 4 (up north-ish) with Elder Tittle, the other AP. It was way fun. Elder Tautu is a down to earth, funny guy. We were in the same district for my first transfer in Missouri City. It was a good time.

     We had interviews with Pres Hall on Wednesday. They were very rushed, and felt very impersonal, seeing as he taught the whole 10 minutes, and taught everyone the same thing. Elder Sharp and I left more than a little disappointed. We know he means well, but it is rough when you expect a lot, and you only have those interviews every quarter of a year. 

     After a quick visit with Nefi (he's less active, 40, and living with his girlfriend and his 13 year old son and her 9 year old son. She and her son are taking the lessons), he invited us over for tacos hecho a la hodureno. So Honduran tacos are exactly like Mexican flautas. It was delicious. Afterwards, we had a bomb Atonement lesson. So good! We just need to have a solid Law of Chastity lesson, get them hitched, and get her and her son baptized!

     I'm fairly glad that we are in a car area. It's still usually in the mid 90s outside. Gosh.

     My favorite family award goes to the Campos. They are from Columbia, and the grandma (I call her abuelita, which means grandma) and daughter cook so dang well! They are also the nicest peole you'll ever meet. And they do missionary work, and are a wonderful example of a gospel-centered family. I love being on a mission to see the examples of how and how not to live your life. 

     I'm so happy I have the gospel in my life! I love it so much! It is the only source of eternal happiness. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all!

 

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment