Monday, October 19, 2015

10/5 Conference is Awesome

   All that loved conference, say "I." I! Favorite talk was Elder Robert D. Hales. It was just wonderful. I loved how he encouraged us to avoid temptation rather than go through it as a plane avoids storms when possible. Just inspiring. And I love our prophet. He's in my prayers. 

     So last Monday, we left the apartment on time, but hungry. We decided to try the Caoba's house (some members in our area). By the grace of God, they were having a party, and fed us to our heart's delight! Yay :D The Lord is good. 

     On Tuesday, we packed in the car with the League City Zone Leaders and headed to Sugar Land for our monthly MLC (mission leadership council). Those are always great. It was a bit more basic than usual, though. President Hall hit hard on Following up to help Keep Commitments, and the blessing of Repentance. 

     We always have Zone Meeting the Friday after, so we went to Galveston for that. Seeing as we wanted the Sister Training Leaders in the zone to teach Repentance, and Elder Sharp was teaching the other principle, I had to come up with something different to teach. I decided the day before that I'd talk about conversion. It lasted about 20 minutes, and was awesome! The Spirit was so strong; I totally received the help I needed to do that! I mentioned how we needed to be consecrated on the mission and endure to the end to be fully converted to the Gospel. If we only have one convert on the mission, we need to make it ourselves. 

     We also threw in an exchange into the busy schedule. I was here in Kemah with Elder Phillippi, a new, English-speaking elder from Idaho, and Elder Sharp went to Texas City with Elder Walker. I got to teach solo a bunch, and it was kinda nice haha. I made sure we saw a few people who speak English :) We took Alfredo, our recent convert, out teaching with us, and he did amazingly! He testified well about the prophets and the mission of Jesus Christ in a street contact we made. So proud of him. He loved conference yesterday too. Yay!

     If I could ask for prayers, please pray for Milton and Alfredo. They are both struggling and battling their own demons. They just need some help. Thank you all :) I know the gospel is true. As we heard several times this weekend, the Atonement is perfect. It can save us all, and offers all the help we need. I love the gospel, and love all of you for your support. Have a wonderful week!

 

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment