Monday, October 19, 2015

Stayin in Kemah

Well today is the start of transfer 4 here in Kemah for me. I'll also be staying with Elder Sharp for our third one together. I'm happy about it. I really love the people here. Also, we have some people in the branch going through the temple this transfer, so hopefully we'll get to go with them.
     On that note, I love the temple!! Last week, after P-Day, we packed up, and drove to Sugar Land, where we stayed the night with a member family named the Wolstens. Bro. Wolsten served a mission in southern Texas, and has retained his Spanish pretty well! They were such an amazing family (well a couple. An older couple). We chatted for a bit, then went to bed. We woke up the next morning at 4:00 and headed to the temple :)
     The temple is a magical place :) As a guy described it in a talk in the English ward yesterday, it's like the time capsule on Dragon Ball Z. The heroes go in, and train for a year or two, then when the leave the capsule, only a day had gone by, so they can defeat the bad guys. We go into the temple and are so hugely spiritually strengthened, that we come out with so much power over the bad! It was a cool talk...
     So our focus questions as a mission were what do I expect/want for my life/mission? The answers I got were for the mission, I want a greater desire for the salvation of those around me; for my life, I want to be eternally married, and make the best of every situation with my wife. That was kind of a trunky question. President Hall and his wife, embracing, talked about how we should be looking forward to that, and how it's the most important thing we'll ever do, etc. Kind of an interesting prompt for missionaries. My personal questions were What is my true identity, and how has the mission changed me? Answers: I am a representative of Jesus Christ, and the father of my world that I receive the power to create along with my sealing to my wife. Kinda cool. And The changes of the mission: I'm going to the temple. I'm closer to the Lord, and can continue to learn about him, bringing me more of His spirit, and making me a better person. It was a good temple trip :) 
     We did a lot of service this week, including painting at the Campo's house. They are a Colombian family in the branch. Hna Campo's parents, the Gonzales, live with them. We painted their bathroom, and a shed in their back yard, which they'd turned into a kitchen. Later in the week, we went over to their house for a Halloween party. That was awesome! The whole family dressed up. It was a hoot! There was great food and lots of dancing and Hispanic music. We also saw a lady there named Patricia, who I'd met with Elder Mota. The Campos had her over a long time ago for a family home evening with Elder Mota and me. Turns out she's getting baptized pretty soon in the Texas Houston East Mission :D SO COOL! 
     On Thursday, we were eating at a cheap Chinese place called Lucky Wok, when halfway through the meal, Elder Sharp reads a text and says, "Don't eat!" The next lesson we had in a half hour was going to include a dinner. We received plenty of grace to finish the food at the appointment haha. It later turned into a great Sabbath day lesson! Unfortunately, they didn't come to church. But there were a few cool people that came to church! We got a new investigator from one of our members bringing her boyfriend. He's a super cool guy :) Here's hoping he's golden.
     Well I hope you're all having a wonderful day and week. The gospel is true! I love you all!

-Elder Spjute


The Temple


                                                                       The District


                                                                The Galveston Zone

Elder Sharp and Me

Hair yesterday

                                                                           Hair today

Halloween Party at the Campo's (Hno. Gonzales, Hna. Campo's dad, is the pregnant lady)






No comments:

Post a Comment