Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Kemah is awesome!

 So I love this area. The work is kinda stagnant, but we're about to make a break through, I can feel it. The branch is really cool. We had a great Sacrament meeting yesterday. I gave a talk (after two days (hour per day) of preparation on free agency. It turned out really well. I love preparing talks. you feel the Spirit so strongly, and are eligible to learn so much. Giving the talk is always nerve-racking for me, but a lot better now that I'm more comfortable with Spanish. 
     My companion is super awesome! I really love him. He works really hard, knows when to clean/work/do stuff, and knows when to play. He's so dang funny. We all make so much fun of each other in the Kemah house; we've got fairly thick skins haha. He's a funny little Mexican haha. He gets along well with everyone. It's really cool. 
     Recently, I've had fairly meaningful Sacrament meetings. As I take the Sacrament, I like to try to sacrifice something in order to come closer to the Savior. This often means making sacrifices multiple weeks in a row. But it is a very purifying process, and I've seen more power in the Atonement.
     On Tuesday, we went to the mission office, where our beloved President Ashton said his farewells. I've actually grown a lot closer with him in the last few transfers. I am grateful for him, and know he was called of God. I'm excited to see what President Hall does here. At the farewell, President Ashton committed us to read scriptures every day for the rest of our lives (30 minute minimum) and to consecrate ourselves and separate us from all ungodliness. It is obviously difficult, and is only possible through repentance. That man left a legacy.
     Other than that, there wasn't too much special that happened this week. So some random facts: three people in the district have gluten intolerance. I miss growing beards every day. I come home a year from yesterday. Three people in the apartment all got here on the same day. I always drive because Elder Mota doesn't have a license. Mota means marijuana (weed to be exact) in Spanish. I can still nearly grab a 10 ft rim. I'm maybe a little taller. 
      Yeah. I love the mission. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment