Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Goodbye MO City. Hello Kemah.

  That transfer was crazy! I'm back in the zone of Galveston, but the Kemah area. I've spent the night twice in the Kemah house (4 man apartment). It was so exciting that I'd be going there.  I'm with my fourth Hispanic companion in a row! His name's Elder Mota, and he's from DF (Distrito Federal), Mexico. He went to highschool in Benemerito, the building where I went to the CCM. Super cool! He was in Kemah before I left Galveston (that means this is his 6th transfer here). He's a fantastic missionary, and I'm excited to be with him. I think I'll learn a lot. He started speaking English on the mission, but his English is SO good. He speaks ridiculously fast Spanish too. 
     I'm also in the apartment with Elder Sharp, who was in the CCM with me. We're good buds. He and Elder Mota and I all came to the mission on the same day; kinda crazy. The other one in the house is Elder Evans. He served 10 months in Argentina, then had to go home due to sickness; he's got an Argentine accent which is kinda funny. It's such a funny apartment! I love it!
     So last Tuesday, they told us to stay in for half of the day because we were expecting a tropical storm named Bill. Well long story short, Bill didn't show up where we were. Afterwards, I said goodbye to the Martinez family and the Alvarez family. So darn sad! They've been so good to me in this area! 
     Well, other than that, it's just been a lot of hustle and bustle trying to get to know the area. I'm in a small branch. The branch president is hilarious. Oh, and I met Adam Sippy (sp?) out here. That was kinda random. He graduated from Borah back home as well. 
     I think I stand a chance of getting back into shape in this area. The guys like to wake up early and go work out with a member named Hno Brillones. Also, now that I'm away from Hna Garcia I'll not be eating a ton every other day. Man, Elder Mota is kinda small, but ripped. Like dang. 
     Oh, other cool story. We were outside this apartment complex, and a guy starts yelling to us from his window in the apartment; Elder Mota is kinda friends with everyone. He's super high! And he tells us it too. After a while, he comes out with a few friends and is like, "whatchya got in those backpacks?" We just tell him books and stuff. He laughs, lifts up his shirt, and shows us the gun tucked into his belt and says, "this is the book of life." Yeah. Nice place. 
     Well, wish me luck in Kemah! I love it already :) Love you all,

PS: congratulation to my brother Dan and his wife!
-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment