Monday, July 20, 2015

Livin the Crazy Life

Forgive me if this is a somewhat short letter. This has been a bit of a tough week with not a lot going on. 
     So last P-Day, we went bowling as a district. Our first game, we bet the sisters we would win, and losers had to buy the others something (snack or drink or something). We were down a bit, and I was the last bowler in the 10th frame. First bowl was a strike. Second was an 8, then I got the other two the last bowl. We lost the game by one point to the sisters! AH! so close haha. 
     We had interviews with President Hall this week. He's a really good guy. He really wants to be everyone's friend, which for right now is a little oddly gentle, but he's a hard worker too. I had a good time with him. 
     I hit my year mark on Thursday! How nuts is that?! Blows my little missionary mind!
     As I mentioned, this week has been tough. Elder Mota and I rode bikes a ton so we could talk to everyone; didn't yield a ton of results. We biked in the rain one day, and then it heated up. We then walked home after Elder Mota got a flat in the hottest humidity ever! Goodness, Houston! 
     We've taken to telling riddles before bedtime. That's pretty fun :) I'm learning some good ones. Anyone have some they'd like to tell me? Love suggestions :) 
     We got dropped by one of our investigators, which was a bummer. We ended up recognizing it as a blessing, though. We were wasting time with her. Then we're going to drop another family that isn't progressing today. We had hope for them, and that's also a big bummer. We're running out of people to teach! Faith will have to pull us through on this one. Well, have a great week, ya'll. I love you!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment