Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy America Day

     I had an awesome 4th! We had a correlation as missionaries, and to start the meeting, sang the National Anthem. All of our prayers in the apartment that day were amazingly patriotic. Elder Evans and I went around with American flags in our backpack and pocket. Oh yes. I patriotic-ed my outfit as much as I could with an orange, white, and blue tie. 
     We got fed by members of the English ward. We're the best at sucking up for food haha. It was real, American food. SO good! And afterwards, we went to this guy named Mark's house. He's not a member, but he spends a LOT of time with the missionaries, and is all but a member. He knows everything about the church. He's just gay, so feels like he would get too much bad pressure if he joined the church. He cooks like a boss though, and he sings even better. I mean, wow. 
     We watched fireworks at his house; he has a house on the lake, and there is an artificial island on which they were putting off the fireworks. It was great, but man, I missed the radio blasting Oh Beautiful For Spacious Skies back at the park back home. And I missed rafting. Oh man. But I'll only miss one 4th of July! I'll be home a little before next year. 
     We met our new President of the mission on Wednesday. He's President Hall, a 46 year old ginger. He's really gung ho about the work; should be nice. President Ashton was always tired, so this will be a bit of a change. He seems like such a loving guy. I'm excited to see what he can do for us. 
     So funny story. Last Thursday, we were in the library doing family history, and this drunk J-dub starts chewing us out. He smelled so bad of alcohol. Eventually, he just went out. He was almost trying to pick a fight, but Elder  Evans was on exchanges with Elder Heitonga, a gigantic Tongan missionary. Haha side note: President Hall gave us a form to fill out and one of the questions was What is the missions strongest feature? Elder Evans answered our Polynesians. I chuckled. 
     We played a lot of soccer on Friday. We do almost every Friday. I think it can be really fun. It depends on how involved I get. But get this. My companion used to be a gymnast, so he was doing like back handsprings and stuff on the field. So cool; he can do a backflip too. I've decided this is the year I learn a backflip too haha. Who knows when. I mean, I can grab a 10 foot rim; how much more do I need? 
     I hope you all had wonderful weeks, and 4th of Julys. I love you all,

Elder Spjute 

No comments:

Post a Comment