Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I'm staying!

     Well today is transfer calls day. We went to Denny's as a district to hear who is going to leave from the area. I'm staying here with Elder Huaraca. Elder McKinley, Elder Mehew's comp is leaving, and so is Hna Price, who I've sung with a couple times. Should be a decent next transfer. 
     So Tuesday night, we had dinner with Hna Garcia. We told her not to feed us a ton because we had a lunch earlier in the day, so she gave us two sandwiches. It was perfect! Then, she brought out a 1.4 liter or so tub of ice cream. We ate all of it as to not have to carry it home on our bikes. After that, we were so full! Gees! She gave us a watermelon and a big bag of fruit, which Elder Huaraca stuffed in his backpack, and we biked 6 miles home. Yeah, it was intense. And it got pretty cold that night too, which was nice :)
     On Wednesday, we had interviews with President. They went really well. I spent about 20 minutes with him. I started to teach him the Atonement lesson, and he told me it was perfect. Also, he told me my Spanish was really good. Why thank you! He also told me that I should speak more English with Elder Huaraca because he needs to learn. We talked about how I need to figure out what is frustrating me (mostly with Elder Huaraca), and fix it. We've been working on it.
     For the rest of the day, I went on exchanges with Elder McKinley. We caught Alejandro probably drunk, hanging out with some interesting friends, with a cigarette in his hand. Lovely.
     On Thursday, Hna Garcia forced us to take a lot of money to help the missionaries with the bikes (because Elder McKinley had a flat, and they were walking). I gave that to Bishop, because it's a rule that we don't handle other people's money. But she is such a saint! She's totally going to heaven!
     Friday was crazy! We did like 7 hours of service for this black woman, who Elder Figueroa and I helped out back in January. She was moving. We had a meeting with the zone in the middle of the day. It was definitely pretty humbling. I just feel like I don't really know what I'm doing haha. But it doesn't change a whole lot. I just got more instruction, I guess. After a pretty stressful day, we had a good Correlation meeting at our Ward Mission Leader's house. I love them! Also, I love Elders Mehew and McKinley. They make my patience possible haha. 
     But really, I do love this church! And I wouldn't give up this service for nothing! Don't worry, that is grammatically correct in Spanish, at least. Have a wonderful week. I love you all!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment