Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Good week

This week was great, but also really sad. On the 31st of January, Elder Figueroa and I went with the bishop to visit Hna Portillo at the hospital and give her a blessing (she's the old stake president's wife). She just passed away last Sunday. Their family asked me to sing If You Could Hie to Kolob for the Funeral this Friday. It was a beautiful service accompanied by many tears. She was a wonderful lady. Everyone who spoke really praised her; it sounds like she's up in Heaven dancing and making friends. What a beautiful service they had. 
     It was just a musically successful week! On Monday, we had a lesson with a nonmember at a members' house, in which we sang a lot of hymns (by we, I mostly mean me haha). I started to get choked up as I was singing The Spirit of God. I could have sworn, I heard others singing with me, but none of the people in the room were. It was a sweet experience.
     We were thinking that if our investigator Agustin didn't come to church this Sunday, we were going to drop him for a while; he totally showed up with his family. It was the best! I was playing with his 5 year old grandkids through all of sacrament meeting trying to keep them quiet. What a handful! But they were so cute! I have a picture to send of me with the granddaughter, Leti; but right now, I can't find my camera cord. So cute. We had dinner with them after church. Hopefully they stay awesome and start to make the changes in their lives that they need. 
     On Wednesday, for the first time in almost 5 months, I left my area for an exchange! I went to the Zone Leader, Elder Steed's area. That was a good time. We went to practice my song for the funeral, and that was a hoot! The lady playing for me was incredible on the piano. We made a recording of a song that she sent to my mom. Super fun!
     I've been growing a lot on the mission. In good ways and in fat ways haha. They say everything is bigger in Texas. That includes Elder Spjute. Nothing to worry too much about, just a couple too many meals with Hna Garcia. I love it here though! I've felt my testimony grow a lot in this area. I know this church is true. I've seen the blessings that come from it, and they are the reason I'm here. I love you all and hope you're week is wonderful,

-Elder Spjute
    

No comments:

Post a Comment