Thursday, May 14, 2015

Happy Mothers Day



     So for today, my one of a kind, best, amazing mother gets a [day late] shout out. Mama, I love you so much! Thank you for raising me to the missionary and young man I am. I loved seeing you and the family yesterday; I'll never forget it! 
     So this week! I won't have too much to write, seeing as the family has already heard a decent amount from me recently.
     The good thing about being in a biking area is obviously the exercise. The other good thing is the lack of restraint on how much I sing out loud :D I can sing at the top of my lungs, and due to being on a highway, no one will hear me :) It's great! Also, I can take that time, about 30-40 minutes for a really good prayer. It's just great.
     This Wednesday, we had transfer meeting, which we had to take the other elders to due to their lack of car. I got to see Elder Rockhill, my trainer, for his last transfer meeting before he goes home. It was cool catching up to all my friends there. So many cool kids. Elder McKinley got replaced by a kid who had already been in that area. Kinda rare. Elder Huaraca and I are just plugging along.
     Haha one funny highlight: on Thursday, this guy in a truck called us over, obviously drunk; but we went and said hi anyway. All he said was, "I want you to read my chapter 91."  In Spanish, obviously. We had just established that it was Psalm 91 that he wanted before he had to drive off. Crazy thing is that the next day, we totally saw him again randomly cutting someone's lawn. Still drunk as a skunk, he asked us again, and we read the psalm. It was interesting, but not that interesting haha. Kinda funny. 
     On Saturday, we played volleyball with the youth from the ward after having a short lesson. It was a fun experience. After a few minutes, this group of Indians (from India) came to play against us, which was funny. It was a good time, and a decent missionary experience. 
     Well I love you all, and hope all is going well. Have a wonderful week. The church is true!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment