Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The work

     We moved our P-Day one day due to Memorial day. I hope your extra-long weekend was great :D So last Monday, we had a lesson with the English sisters; they were doing a hand off on this Hispanic family from Cuba for us. Cool! The spirit in the members' house with them was so strong! It felt like it does when I give blessings, like I'm spinning. It's almost overwhelming as to the strength; so amazing!
     I went on exchanges this week with both Elder Holderness (Tuesday) and Elder Mehew (Friday). They are companions, and are both super awesome! We had to do them both because of a correlation the companionship wouldn't be able to go to on Friday; we just split up to have representatives at the meeting from each companionship.
     On Tuesday, we went to a choir practice for the ward Priesthood holders. I recorded each of their parts on their phones for them to listen to and practice. They'd better be practicing! There's another practice tonight. I'll have to play piano because Elder Holderness won't be there. He was playing originally. 
     We had a Zone Conference on Wednesday. President taught a bunch about our purpose and getting rid of anti-responsibilities. I learned a lot. I feel like I'm gonna start taking off soon with converting people.
     I cut my hair again. Still have only touched the top about 3 times on the mission, but I trimmed the sides and back again. I'm getting good! What happens when I like what I do more than what my barber does?
     On Friday night, Elder Mehew and I stayed up until 1:00 talking. He told me a 40 minute humbling story about how he broke his back when he was 15. He was laid up for the most part of a year. He was doing squats in the weight room, and lifted with his back, which separated the bone from the muscle, allowing it to break after a hard swing playing baseball. He left it bad for about 4 months before getting it seriously checked out. It was just a hairline fracture, but left him in bad shape. It's an amazing story. He's such a patient guy. I really love him a lot.
On Thursday, I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time. Nothing too grand, but for me, it is big! I started it over again back in January. As I finished, I felt a strong spiritual confirmation that it was all from God. Such a wonderful book! On other Spiritual levels, we're going to the temple tomorrow with a third of the mission. I'm so excited. We have been studying our true identities, and sacrifice and consecration. I'm expecting to have an amazing time. And then, we'll go with the Martinez family after giving Hno the temple lessons, and do that on the 12th. 
     The work is slow, but good. I hope you are all feeling the love of our wonderful Father in Heaven. This is His church, and the gospel is true. I love you all,

-Elder Spjute

(A note from the editor)
Elder Spjute's actual birthday is the day after Christmas, but our parents decided when he was little to have a "party day"    to celebrate his birthday with a party and presents so he doesn't feel a loss from all the celebrating at Christmas time.  Elder Spjute's party day is on Memorial Day every year. This pic is from his party day on the mission. And yes, he ate the whole thing! Our sister Becky has a party day on July 4th. Her actual birthday is Christmas Day. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment