Monday, April 13, 2015

Happy Easter!

     Oh man, Conference weekend/Easter! That's pretty awesome! Wasn't Conference just wonderful? My week was pretty great as well.
     Oh Tuesday, after dinner, we got a phone call from the Bishop saying there was a family who had just moved into the ward. The husband was a re-activating member, and the wife wasn't a member, but was mostly ready to be baptized. They got evicted from their last apartment, and are living with some members in our area. We went to see them, and had a wonderful experience.
     As the district leader, I had the opportunity to give her a baptismal interview to make sure she was ready. She passed with flying colors. That was a really cool experience for me; my first interview! She got baptized last night. It counted as the sisters' baptism because President gave them permission to teach her. Still another soul in the family, though! I sang a duet of The Lord is My Shepherd with Sister Price, and her comp, Sister Call on the piano. It was really cool. And high! Like a 'g' high. Nonetheless, it was great! 
     On Wednesday, we had a lesson with our investigator Leticia, to which Bishop Martin, his wife, and daughter accompanied us. That went so well; we taught her the My Family lesson, which is all about family history, and how families can be together forever through temple work. She told us she's been having dreams about our church, and about us teaching her. How cool is that?! She's totally received her answer. If y'all could pray that she will get time to come to church, that might help her; she's got a boat-load of kids to deal with.
     So, we're going to be biking a bunch this month! President took away 12,000 miles from the mission this month because he wants us to work more with the members, and to be on bikes. I just don't know how productive that is in some areas (ours). It just means we'll be biking on highways, which I don't like at all. Pray for our safety haha. For real, though.
     We should be going to the temple in a week or two with the Martinez family. Hno's about ready to get his endowment, which is super exciting. His wife works as a temple worker, and has been a member for 28 years; she's totally ready for this! 
     Conference weekend was great, but slightly stressful. Alejandro called, and talked to us about a dance he went to Friday night. I asked if he drank because he said everyone else was. He told me he did have one; I was pretty disappointed. He said Satan's been tempting him like never before since his baptism. We had a phone lesson with him on Saturday night. We explained to him that he has an important role to play, and Satan knows it. It was a spiritually powerful lesson. He was crying, which surprised me. We had him offer a closing prayer, and we all got on our knees. Let me tell ya, that was the best, most sincere prayer I have ever heard in my life! I hope I never forget that prayer. He just prayed with his heart instead of his head. My prayers go out to him. 
     After conference, I know he can overcome the temptation. After learning and hearing so much about our beloved Savior and his infinite Atonement, there is no doubt in my mind that it is doable. I love the Lord. I love this gospel, and I love my mission. I love you all, and wish you a happy Easter week!

Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment