Monday, April 13, 2015

Fantastic week!



     Oh man, so many different things goin' on. I love it! So for starters, Alejandro called us last Monday, saying he was done with the church. He was being too tempted, and didn't know what he was doing when he got baptized. LAME! We struggled with him throughout the week. He called me on Saturday morning to tell me he's going to stay in the church, and keep working out his salvation. I think it might be some significant bi-polar. Nonetheless, he's doing good now. He's so funny; he just calls to chat with me a lot. We talk about vacations, his job, and pretty much whatever. He is a good guy, just has some demons. I think when he gets a little stronger in the church, his testimony could change some people's lives.
     On Tuesday, we had a first lesson with this guy named Mingo. He told us he'd been praying for guidance on how to pursue the gospel, learn from the scriptures, etc. He told us we were the answer to his prayers. he hasn't accepted a date yet, but we'll be seeing him later today.
     On that same note of progress, Leticia, who had been dreaming about us teaching her, accepted a baptismal date for the 2nd of May. Woohoo! We just need to get her coming to church, then she's good to get dunked!
     Elder Huaraca and I don't necessarily teach with the unity that we need. he likes to tell stories, give examples, and talk for long periods of time. That was becoming a hindrance that I hadn't paid much attention to. But I learned from a really good exchange with Elder Mehew in my district that it was because we weren't doing enough role plays. Long story short, I love exchanges!
     Elder Mehew and I had such a blast Saturday morning to Sunday morning. We just laughed a ton, but man, it was awesome. I found out that he and Elder McKinley, his companion are having a pretty rough time, so I get to help out with that. In the past, exchanges were supposed to be every transfer, but they've moved them to every month. I think there are a decent amount of struggling companionships. I know that exchange definitely helped me be a little more happy in my companionship. I realized that if I'm speaking Spanish all day, I can get kinda cranky, so I have been using a bit more English :)
     It's been getting hot. And darn humid! We had a lot of rain this week. But nonetheless, we biked a ton!
     Lemme tell y'all about the food we ate on Thursday. It started at 5 at Hna Garcia's. She comes out with a plate of rice and pico de gallo. Then 3 large homemade tortillas. Then about a pound of steak. Then at least a pound of chicken. Then a half pound or so of pork. Then a large bowl of watermelon. Then a second helping of steak. Then a roasted ear of corn. GOODNESS! It just kept coming! It took about 70 minutes to eat. After, we left, Alejandro called us to come eat at a taqueria with him. He wouldn't let us order small. At about 6:30, we had more food. Oh. My. Word. Then, we had a lesson with the Martinez family at 8:00, at which they fed us delicious tacos. We went home with about 3 days worth of food in our bellies. Ouch.
      But oh man, the gospel brings joy! I love it like crazy. I, at this point of my life, want nothing more than to share it with those who haven't tasted of the sweetness of this incredible gospel. Amo mucho a mi Salvador Jesucristo, y se que es solamente por cause de El que pueda tener esa gran paz y felicidad en mi vida. Les comparto mi testimonio que la iglesia de verdad ha sido restaurado por el poder de Dios. Lo testifico en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

-Elder Spjute
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment