Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Rain



     Hey everyone! I had a decent week full of trials. No worries, just mission stress. Gotta love it! But yeah, I'm runnin out of time, so sorry if this one doesn't turn out so long.
     First things first, we had two days of crazy storms. On Friday, it was raining, thundering, and lightning-ing a ton. We had a correlation meeting with the whole district in the Martinez' house. After a particularly close bolt of lightning, the lights went out. After considerable amounts of screams, we worked the rest of the night in electric lantern light. It felt like camping :)
     The next day, we were out biking, thinking it wouldn't rain. We were as wrong as sin on Sunday. We were about a 20 minute's ride away. By the time we got to a bridge close-ish to the car, we were soaked completely. I took off my shoes to dump out the water. Didn't help much haha. We almost got stuck in the car trying to get out of the grass we parked in. It was intense.
     Tuesday was a really good day. We had a District Meeting that went really well. For the first time in the area, we didn't have it all in English. We did half English, half Spanish. It was perfect. I actually shared my testimony in English, which was so cool! Afterwards, I had an exchange with Zone Leader, Elder Steed. It was good fun.
     Last week, or so, I bought some Wahl hair clippers (good ones). Man, they're awesome. I trimmed up the back and sides of my hair on Wednesday night. It's kinda fun. There's an ear guide that tapers it pretty well. I enjoy it. Much cheaper than barbers. 
     Alejandro seems to be settling down as far as the extremes go. He just really needs friends. He said he's gonna go to a Pentecostal church, but keep coming to ours. He just knows the people in the Pentecostal one better. He calls us about every day just to chat. It's really funny. Saturday night, we were talking about Nintendo and video games he likes. It just cracks me up. He's a 30 year old man, by the way. He says he's gonna convert everyone here; they're gonna have to build another church! Haha I love him! 
     Well, we're hoping to see some more baptismal dates coming up soon. Thank you all for your support. I love you!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment