Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Another week down

     For those of you who are curious as to how the weather is, I'll bet it's better where you are haha. It's been pretty chilly here. Lots of clouds. A decent amount of rain. Humidity up to here. Do I still love the mission? Oh yeah, I do! 
     This is gonna be a pretty "Outta the journal" entry, I don't remember too much of the week haha. One of the cooler experiences of the week was a lesson with an inactive member and her nonmember cousin. The member said the lesson reminded her of what it used to be like. After receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, it will bring good feelings like that to your remembrance. Pretty cool :)
     On Wednesday, we had a lesson with a lady named Laticia and her family, which was accompanied by Hno Martinez, our awesome ward mission leader. We watched Finding Faith in Christ with them. It was great to see them feel the Spirit even when their toddler was running and screaming the whole time. 
     On Thursday, we met with the ward music person (chorister), named Jessica Garcia, who is awesome, and the sister missionaries to practice some music. We sang this song called Cuan Grande Tu Gozo Sera. It was really cool! I sang it with Jessica, and now it's on Youtube somewhere... then I sang it with Hna Price (sis missionary), and we'll sing it in sacrament meeting this next Sunday. Hna Goodey (her companion) will play for us. Wish us luck!
     I absolutely love this older lady in the ward (also named Hna Garcia). She feeds us 2+ times a week; great food, and big portions. She also gives us tons of fruit to take home every time. She cries for the other missionaries because sometimes they don't have people to feed them. Seriously, one of the most Christ-like people I know. On Friday, after Elder Figueroa had told her we didn't have a blender, she gave us one! She blows my mind! Man, I love her! People, be Christ-like!
     Last interesting was an exchange on Saturday with Elder McKinley, the DL's companion. He is awesome! We had a great time and tons of laughs. He was also with Elder Rockhill (my trainer) for two transfers. We just had a good time. In the night, we had dinner with the Martinez family. Bishop has put us in charge of teaching Hno the temple lessons so he can go get his endowments. We taught the first lesson, which is like the Plan of Salvation on steroids. It was incredibly spiritual.
     Last things last, I want you all to know I'm having the 2 years of a life time! I know without a doubt that this church is true. I'm indebted to all who are so supportive of me. Have a wonderful week. I love you all!

-Elder Spjute 

No comments:

Post a Comment