Thursday, February 26, 2015

Selective obedience brings selective blessings



     Sorry, y'all, I'm running low on time. But I'll pack in as much as I can! I want you all to know that I'm doing well, and I love and miss all of you.
     No complaints that are too big, this week! It was just a little slow again. We didn't do well getting the members out with us, and we felt the repercussions. Alejandro, the investigator that came to our Valentine's day party, church, and a baptism, accepted a date for the first of March!!! however, seeing as he missed church yesterday, and we still have a ton to teach him, we might push it back a week. He's just a little strapped for time.
     We went out to eat twice with Bishop Martin this week. He's such a stud. We called him and told him we had no one to feed us one night (he made us promise to if that happened), and we went out to Chinese food! I'm definitely not as in shape as I was when I first got to Missouri City!
     On Friday, we had a Zone training, given by President, and the Assistants to the president. That was soooo good! It answered all my questions and problems! It gave us OYMing (open your mouth) ideas, how to invite people to do stuff ideas, and more. I've decided after multiple blatant promptings, that I need to do more to be strictly obedient... yes, that means even hand signaling on the bikes... difficult! But, I'm expecting blessings! I can't do that without it. President explained that selective obedience not only brings selective blessings, but suffering! I don't want that. This applies to the commandments as well, people. ALL of them!
     We had a disturbing lesson with our investigator Alphonso (the one who is super slow in the head, and had killed 3 people). Turns out he has killed many people. He told us he used to be the devil, and enjoyed it. He would tell us about how he would torture people, then when it stopped being "fun," he'd shoot them in the head. Yeah, not looking at him the same anymore. Also, he would tell us he used to go to his old church to pick up girls. He got pretty graphic. Then, our ward mission leader's wife said he was very rude when they drove him to stuff. He's definitely dropped!
     I have been growing in my testimony. Slowly, but surely! I know this gospel is true! I live it, and I love it! I love everyone who is supporting me as well! Thank you!

-Elder Spjute
     

No comments:

Post a Comment