Monday, March 9, 2015

Slowly, but Surely



Well I hate writing short emails, but we'll see just how much I can get on the page! It sounds like a little bit of EVERYTHING is going on with the family, and I wish I could be there for it. Just promise you'll still be the same people when I get home haha. 
     On Tuesday, we had a Zone Conference, in which President Ashton taught us the Atonement and Family History lessons in depth. My mind, needless to say, got a decent bit blown. We have an hour every week to do family history; we just go to the library for that. I found out last time, that I have about 11 names reserved to do temple work. I'd found and saved them before I went on trek back in 2011. So cool!
     Wednesday was a pretty lame day. We had 4 of 4 appointments cancel on us. We tried about 10 different members to come out teaching with us, and it just was not working. It was a very humbling day. I don't know if either of us knew what it was that we needed to fix, but it was just a downer. 
      I don't know if you remember me saying I'd gone to the hospital with Bishop Martin to give the ex-stake president's dying wife a blessing. She is still doing very poorly, but she got to go to the temple one last time on Thursday to get sealed to her parents. President Monson called her husband and made him a sealer. Pretty crazy. I guess they saw many miracles from it.
     Our baptismal date for yesterday, Alejandro, cancelled. He didn't really say why. He just wasn't excited about it at all. We also think he might have gotten drunk when we went to talk about it. Quite the bummer. Hopefully he'll try to change his life. 
     Yesterday started out pretty funny. It was Spring Forward, meaning we were supposed to lose an hour of sleep. But our phone didn't change on time, so we slept until 7:30. Then we didn't know, so after being awake for a little while, and doing some stuff in the apartment, we decided to take a nap. In all reality, we mostly slept in to 8:30...getting two more hours of sleep than we planned for haha. I was supposed to sing Cuan Grande tu Gozo Sera with the sister missionaries (Price singing, Goodey playing piano), but the speakers forgot, so we didn't have enough time. We'll do it next week.
     We had dinner at Ex-Obispo (ex-bishop) Martinez' house, which was a party. It was so fun. We had a ton of pupusas (Salvadorian food) and jamaica (pronounced ha-mike-uh), which is a drink. Lots of fun; there were two other families there. I'll visit all of these people when I come back to visit in x-amount of years!
     I've found a lot of joy in the Book of Mormon this last two transfers. I've really immersed myself in it, and it's been wonderful! I know this book contains the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it, and I share it with all. I hope you can all find solace in its teachings as well. I love you all,

-Elder Spjute 

No comments:

Post a Comment