Monday, February 9, 2015

Bigger and bolder

     Helllllo everyone! I'd like to tell you that I had an extremely life-changing week, but for the most part, it was just bits of improvement. You know the promise where the Lord says we'll be faced with our weaknesses when we try to humble ourselves before Him? It's in Ether 12. Yeah, I have seen a bit of that. As I've been learning about the spirit of prophecy and revelation, which is the guidance every missionary needs, I've been trying to become better at repenting and being humble. As such, I've realized that my attitude needs a bit of an adjustment(again)! But rather than just trying to shove the problems causing the frustration away, I've learned some benefit to confronting them.
     For example, our district leader, Elder Whicker (or Whittacre as we call him), has been a bit of a tool, for lack of a better word. He shows no trust in the district, and Elder Figueroa and I have gotten a little upset over it... for a whole transfer. Last night, while we were on the phone with him, he was giving us a load, and I was tired of him unrightly trying to correct us, and I laid into him. I may have been slightly too riled up at points, but I, along with Elder Figueroa, let him have it. 
     When we had asked him to go out of our area to a church building close by to have dinner with some members who'd invited us for an activity, he almost said no. His 'leadership' goes to his head too often. When we'd gotten home late after an incredible lesson, we had to tell him. Rather than asking us why, he went straight to blaming us and pointing out the rules. We were more or less, fed up. After the talk on the phone last night, he told us he'd try to change. We'll hold him to that.
     So transfers are today, and I'll be staying here another one with Elder Figueroa! Sweet :D While the work may be slow and we don't have too many progressing investigators, I do love him, and we get along like two peas in a pod. It's the greatest. 
     I have had more singing opportunities here than I have in the whole rest of my mission! I sang If You Could Hie To Kolob again in Sacrament Meeting yesterday! This time in Spanish. That was awesome. I got some really nice compliments.
     There is a lady in our ward and area named Hna. Garcia who feeds us (TONS) every Tuesday and Thursday. My email subject is partly because of her! She is seriously the nicest lady ever; she tells us she loves us with all her heart every day we're there. But man, I might be getting a little larger due to her food. It is healthy, don't get me wrong, but sooo much!
     Everything else in the week just made sense. Not too much new stuff, but a long, workfull, week. I love you all, and hope you have a great week; the church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment