Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Lord is Good

     Happy late Valentine's Day! And Happy Presidents (?) Day! We're not entirely sure why, but we really saw an outpouring of blessings this week! That was very much needed! We made sure to put a lot of emphasis this week on getting members out to teach with us. If you are a member, and have some time, I would highly suggest going out with the misisonaries for a little bit! It helps and is a blessing to everyone that participates!
     So after transfers, my son, Elder Havens is in my area! So weird. Yeah, he's still not as humble as we thought he'd be... Oh dear haha.
     Last Monday, we met this guy named Fermin, who was a referral from the sisters. That spirit we felt there was one of the worst yet haha. He'd been a Satanist for 3 years, and a robber, and a meth addict, and we didn't like it one bit. Fortunately, a little later in the week, he called and said he wanted to stay Satanist because Satan freed one of his friends from prison. We decided it definitely wasn't the Lord that did it, and we dropped him!
     Elder Figueroa and I got a prayer answered on Tuesday that was a miracle :) We didn't know what to do with our time, and we were starting to get bummed out because of it. We decided to pray and ask the Lord where to go. After the prayer, I felt we should go north, Elder Figueroa felt south, so we compromised and went east to a guy named Cesar's house. It was such an awesome message! We really think he could get baptized. We'll be praying for him. It was a Christmas Miracle!
     Wednesday was pretty great as well! We did a few hours of service for an investigator named Javier, and when we finished, we played catch with a baseball. I hadn't done that in years! Later that night, Elder Figueroa and I went on splits with some ward members and got a few member present lessons out of it. That was super fun. I feel like we have seen a lot of results from our efforts in that field!
     We had a Valentines party on Friday that was really cool. I love this ward so much. The members are the best around :) It was just a good time. One of the investigators that showed up to the party was invited by a member. He came to church this Sunday, and now really wants to be baptized; his name's Alejandro. Stud!
     I got to sing at an 8 y/o member named Kimberly's baptism yesterday. I sang I Need Thee Every Hour (in Spanish) with Sister Price, one of the missionaries. It went really well. It was a very spiritual baptism. I love this ward!!
     Just a plethora of blessings :) I'm grateful for my Savior making all of these blessings possible! You know that everything we enjoy, every blessing we receive, is all because He went through the Atonement for us? Well it is! And I know it! I know this church is true with all my heart! I love you all,

Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment