Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry (late) Christmas

 I hope all of your Christmases were amazing, because mine was! I want to thank all of you that sent me gifts, prayers, love, etc for Christmas. It truly means a lot. 
     On Tuesday, we had a Christmas conference with the whole mission. That was awesome! President Ashton gave a big presentation on setting righteous goals. We now have a big mission goal to get 60 baptisms in the month of January. I ask all of you to assist us in praying for this, please! Thank you very much. 
     After the goal presentation, we watched a movie until lunch time. The movie was Ephraim's Rescue, which was awesome! Unfortunately, I still have about an hour left of the movie, which is lame! Haha, I'll have to see it later. 
     Lunch was so delicious. There was tri-tip steak, sausage, cheesy scalloped potatoes, and much more! I had so much food! It was a great time to catch up with other missionaries. Elder Stoker, the old English elder who left a couple transfers ago was fun. Elder Rockhill was really annoying haha. He just kept begging me to use the phone to text women from our area. I was pretty frustrated with him. Oh well! 
     After lunch, was the talent show. I was begged to sing by the Elders LeBlanc, Johnson, and Leszynski. After much resisting (because I didn't want to sing without accompaniment), I gave in to Elder LeBlanc's offer to stay active for at least three months after his mission haha. Just a joke; he likes to pretend to be less active. But I sang, and it went well. We opened some presents and then left. It was a great night.
     On Wednesday the 24th, poor Elder Leszynksi was so sick that he had to stay in and rest. I studied a ton, so that was nice! He was in bed from 3:45 in the afternoon to 6:30 the next morning. It was kind of funny. He wanted to go out and work, but asked for a blessing. Elder Havens, in the blessing, pretty much commanded him to get some rest. 
     Thursday. Christmas! Wow. We enjoyed more presents, and candy. There was a fantastic breakfast at the Rabago's house. All five of us elders stayed there until we were done Skyping our families. That was so fun! Man, I loved that. It was so great seeing my family's faces again. 
     After this, we went to dinner at Hna. Perez' house. She had made brisket that was so good! Then we had a second dinner of [horrible] tamales at the Arriaga's house. We have nice families in the ward. 
     The next day, the English Elders baked me a cake for my birthday, and let me take them out to lunch at Taco Bell. They brought me some cool presents. Elder LeBlanc wrote on a mini American flag (he's an Ameri-maniac). They gave me a 24 month missionary calender. And they gave me a 2 or so pound gummy bear. They had Supernatural quotes written on the side from this giant stuffed teddy bear. I loved it! Happy Birthday to me :D
     Saturday, I went on exchanges with Elder LeBlanc. That was a ton of fun, and I actually learned a lot from him; even though he's super dead (trunky) and goes home in 12 weeks. I love him a ton, and want to stay friends with him. He's just a stud. We helped people move, and about threw out our backs lifting a 400 or so pound dresser down a set of narrow stairs, and up even more in the new house. It was still a great day. When I got home, the apartment was a mess, and I found out that Elder Havens, Johnson, and Leszynski had stayed home for most of the day because Elder Havens thought he received revelation that if they went out, one of them would die. I was so mad at the lack of work. Especially because that was a Texas City day. With that and Wednesday (our sick day), our only two days to go there, we went a whole week without seeing people who needed it. I was livid. Elder Havens has really been dropping the ball a lot lately.
     Yesterday was a crazy day as well. After eating with the Rabago's after church, Elder Leszynski and gave Elder Havens a righteous, two- hour chewing out. He admitted that he hadn't been there when he needed to and will repent. I expect bigger things.
     Today, we found out that I AM leaving for transfers on Wednesday. I nearly started crying. I don't want to leave my island! I'm especially sad about leaving Elders Johnson and LeBlanc. That will be hard, but I know it's what the Lord needs for me. I will do what I've been called here to do! I love the Lord, and i love all of you! Have a great New Year!

-Elder Spjute



Family du-rag pic. Also, Thanks for the Christmas Present, Mom! I missed my onesie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment