Monday, December 8, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up and pics

Well this was a great week! Can't complain too much :) We took three really long road trips, so we weren't out teaching as much as we would have liked to. I'll probably just go through the week in chronological order.
     Last Monday, we bought a basketball with the English Elders, so we played for hours. Also, that's been our exercise in the mornings now. I bought myself a pair of clippers and gave myself a hair cut. It was so long, and now is like the shortest cut I've ever gotten (with the exception of the couple times I was bald). I love it :) We taught two investigators on Monday. First was Guadalupe, who has a baptismal date for the 27th. She's progressing nicely. The next is Luis, who has a drinking problem, but has potential. 
     Tuesday, we took a trip to Sugar Land all day to fix my companions' bikes. They were both toast. It wasn't a terribly productive day, but the long trips allow us to get to know each other better. I've done ALL of the driving, and feel bad. I need to delegate more of that responsibility. 
     Wednesday was our Zone Conference day. We packed the 5 of us in the Corrolla and went to Friendswood, where I saw Elder Rockhill. I was excited for that, but he was extremely annoying. He only asked about what people were saying about him. Good to see you too, Elder. Also, big story! On Tuesday night, a mostly dropped investigator's daughter called us saying her mom needed a blessing because she had terminal cancer and 2 weeks to live. I spent all of Wednesday fasting for the gift of healing, and we went and saw her. I gave the most comfortable blessing in Spanish I'd ever given. I've never felt so full of faith. It was a great night. Would y'all pray for her please? Thank you!
     Thursday was another day in Sugar Land for medical stuff for Elder Havens. We did practically nothing the rest of the day.
     Friday was a fairly bland day. We got one lesson in, of which I should be more grateful. We are rebuilding the area. That means our numbers aren't fantastic, but we do have a ton of potential. I look forward with hope!
     Saturday was in Texas City/La Marque/Hitchcock. Cool Spiritual high: we did a role play for revelation. We have a married couple with a 17 year old daughter who we received spiritual confirmation that they need to be baptized this transfer. We weren't 100% sure of what to teach them, so my companions acted in their part, and I was the missionary in our role play. I asked them certain questions, and we prepared really well off of that. One of the questions was "If Heavenly Father were here, what would you ask Him?" Elder Leszynski, acting as the father said, "Does God really love me?" When we asked them in person later that night, the dad gave the EXACT same answer! My little missionary mind was blown! So cool. The problem was that they planned a trip to Mexico from yesterday to the 29th. That threw a wrench in our plans. We had prayed, and when we got to their house, they'd thrown off the plans. They're going to stay until the daughter finishes school in 2 weeks. Blessings! 
     Sunday was great because we got to watch the Christmas devotional in the conference center. It was so good! I love this gospel and the blessings we receive from doing what's right! I love you all. Have a wonderful week.

-Elder Spjute


Before and After haircut pics


No comments:

Post a Comment