Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Time is Here

The Subject about says it all! It was another good week. Christmas is in the air (even if that air is sometimes 80 degrees). 
     Let me tell you about some of our eating adventures this week. On Thursday, we made dinner for the three of us. There was about 2 pounds of spaghetti and 8 brownies each. Yeah, woof. Friday afternoon, we served at a big luncheon, at which we ate a bunch. Later that day was the Christmas dinner with the combined Spanish branch and English ward. So. Much. Food. Nothing to die for, but all of it fairly good. More of a quantity than quality thing. On Saturday, we had free Cici's in Texas City, so we didn't eat sparingly. Sunday was a huge meal at Rabago's like always :) 
     This morning to fix this fatness problem, us three and the English elders did this workout called Free Lettics, which we hope to keep up. Our first exercise is called Aphrodite. We got up at 5:00 and started the painful, yet awesome fat-burning process. You start out with 50 burpees (jump to the ground, do a pushup, jump back up to your feet, then with your hands above your head, jump up to the sky; that's one burpee). Next, you do 50 sit-ups. Then you do 50 squats (hands out front, bend the knees to a 90 degree angle). Then you move to 40 burpees, 40 situps, and 40 squats, and so on, so forth. Let me just say, "ow!" 
     Nothing all to crazy is going on with the work right now. I fear that I might get transferred this next transfer. I hope not, but should the Lord call for it, so be it! I hope you all that are reading this in Idaho realize how lucky you are to have snow for Christmas! 
     I love the Lord this season more than any Christmas before! He is my Rock and my Salvation! I hope all can come to realize the importance of how He Is The Gift. Have a wonderful week, everyone! I love you!
 
-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment