Monday, December 1, 2014

And Goodbye Cold Weather

Well Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! It was quite nice here! We had two Thanksgiving dinners that night, and had had three others before that day. The weather, though cold in the beginning of November, has returned to mostly 70's. It's nice... for the fall season! It's December and I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt (only for a moment ;). 
     This week was, as usual, great! We are experiencing many different things; all new challenges. Elder Havens (mine and Elder Leszynski's son), didn't learn anything from the CCM, so we're trying to teach him the bulk of everything. That's a big challenge. But he is working hard, and will improve. Elder Leszynski and I are getting along very well. We get deep and love talking about the gospel, but then we can be super funny together. He loves music like me, but is more into instruments. I would love to get together after the mission with him and just music for a while. Since he already spoke Spanish, he only went to the MTC in Utah for a week and a half. We will probably be going home together, which is super cool! 
     We had a cool experience praying about who was supposed to get baptized this transfer according to the Lord's will. There is a family named Raul, Reina, and Kaylee, who we know needs to be baptized; and they are having trouble with making time. If y'all would pray for them, I would be very grateful. I'm truly learning more of how to rely on the Lord. That means being slow to jump to bad conclusions, but quick to jump on my knees. 
     I've laughed so much where I am now! We just make fun of ourselves everyday, and it's great! Elder Leszynski and I make fun of all the people that worship 'the virgin'. We'll be riding our bikes, and throw out a big "Oh Virgen! Protegenos!" (oh virgin, protect us). Always funny. We threaten to beat our son in Spanish as well hehe. "Hijo, te voy a pegar." Last night, we were walking and heard a big dog barking at us. I looked over and there was no fence between us. Next, I heard this high-pitched, girlish wail. I realized it came from me... The dog didn't charge us, but Elder Havens laughed himself into a bout of hiccups. I dropped a couple dignity points, but laughed it off. 
     I've noticed a lot more spiritual help and grace in my time here lately. I've been blessed with the gift of tongues; yesterday, I translated almost all of the Spanish branch Sacrament meeting into English. I have increased in spiritual knowledge a ton. The Lord has blessed us with more people to teach and more baptismal dates. I've received sufficient grace to know the area. I am guided daily by the Spirit. I love my Lord, and this gospel. He truly is the gift in this Holiday season! I am grateful for this gospel. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment