Monday, November 3, 2014

Thank you, everyone!!!

So as for the title, it is obvious that I had a bit of a tough week last week, but this one was SO much better, and I'm so grateful for all of the prayers in my behalf! 
     I finished a journal! I started it the day I got my call, and I have learned so much since then! It is cool to see the difference! 
     So I was upset last week because Elder Rockhill signed us up to help someone move in on P-Day, and it took about 5 hours. But it was a good idea that yielded blessings :) We did a similar move today. If you can find ways to manage time, it is not a bad thing. It is service, which brings the Spirit. 
     Last Monday, Elders LeBlanc and Johnson had to go to the hospital to give a blessing to a 2 year old girl with severe burns on her body. It took a huge psychological toll on them both. The girls mom was a mess. I got to talk alone with Elder LeBlanc the next day, and found out that under his rough shell is a huge heart. I really love that guy! 
     On Wednesday, we had exchanges, which for me, happen about 5 times a transfer. I went to Kemah, and the Kemah Zone Leader came to Elder Rockhill. Kemah was AWESOME! The apartment has 4 spanish speaking missionaries; my companion's name was Elder Escobar. We stayed up 'til 12 just joking around; it was amazing! The next day, we spent about 5 hours in the hospital in Sugar Land because he had a check up due to some cancer he had before the mission. It is all fine now, but it was a good experience; and I drove all day :D I got to sing my heart out in the car with him! The bad thing about staying up til 12 though, is that I'm getting sick now. Not fun, but oh well! We are both struggling with difficult companions, and by the end of the day, we could both see the fruits of a well-working  companionship! 
     While he was doing stuff in the hospital, I read a talk called The 4th Missionary. OH MAN, mind blown! If I'm lucky and diligent, this could/will change my mission/life. It is all about being better than the bad first, lazy second, and un-desirable third missionaries. Be the 4th missionary who's will is the Lord's. So good! I could also see that take effect this week. 
     We had to come in early to the house on Halloween due to costumes and such. It was nice because we got to bed early :D I miss dressing up haha. I got to dedicate my first house that day! Well an apartment, but oh well! The less actives that live there were really grateful and so cool! On that same day, we had a zone meeting, in which I gave a training on inviting people to church. It went really well. I focused it on the missionary purpose. I got a ton of compliments. The English elders thought Elder Rockhill was kidding when he said I was giving a training. I love them a lot; we joke around so much! We have tons of fun with them! It is amazing! 
     Our investigator, Ivonne, came to church yesterday for her second time, so she'll probably be baptized soon. Woohoo! Blessings :D I have had such a good week! I have an analogy that relates to the work here. It's like bike riding. I think every time we ride our bikes, there is a head wind. It's so difficult, but it really strengthens you, and then, you can focus on other things when strong. I know the Lord has been merciful with me this week. I thank you all for your support! I love you all, and the church is true!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment