Monday, October 27, 2014

Livin the Dream

     So the best thing about P-Day last week was singing with Elder Johnson (English). My mama sent a bunch of music, and I sang 'til it hurt! I know, I know, bad technique haha. It was so good though! He's a kosher singer, but that works for me :) 
     I've had a couple people ask me to tell about our investigators. We have no progressing investigators, sadly. Ivonne, who I've mentioned a few times, can't come to church due to work, so she isn't really going anywhere, and that is frustrating. An older lady named Mariester Villalobos can get baptized as soon as she gets to church, but her family who would drive her has to work most Sundays. There are two girls, Rosalinda and Lisbeth Marquez (12 and 14 y/o) who also could be baptized, but their parents are inactive, and that's tough. There are a few others, but none anywhere near baptism. We work a lot with less actives. 
     On Friday, I got to go on exchanges with Elder LeBlanc. That was great! I needed some time with someone else. I love Elder Rockhill, but occasionally he gets on my nerves. I can always improve on that though, that is a big fault of mine: impatience. Anyways, while on exchanges, we both got flat tires, so that was just dandy. We lost a bunch of time on that, but it was nice being able to talk to Elder LeBlanc when we were walking. 
     On Saturday, we had to fix Reverend Lawson's flat tire. He's this big, black, Pentecostal Reverend who hangs out with us a lot. We're trying to convert him haha. He bought us ice cream from an ice cream truck :) I felt like a little kid again. He's a funny guy. 
     So, ironically, yesterday, I gave a talk on patience haha. It went well, and I guess people liked it. I feel so nervous speaking in Spanish! But all is fine! 
     I hope everyone's week is great! I'm sorry this is short, but I hate to admit, I was in a bit of a foul mood this week. I'll keep working on it, but I wouldn't turn down a prayer or two! I love you all!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment