Monday, November 17, 2014

It's a Boy!

    So this is going to be crazy; I'll explain the title in a bit. This week was just exasperating! In a good way. 
     We had our last District Meeting on Tuesday. That was a little sad because one of the English sisters, Sister Jewett is going home like tomorrow. During a training on spiritual gifts by her and her comp, Sister Nath (who is from Spain), I felt so faithless. I felt like I had no hope, for who knows what reason. Our District had one baptismal goal, and everyone else is kind of floundering. I was told by the two sisters that i have the gift of diligence. I did a personal study on that the next day, and there it was, clear as day in my Patriarchal blessing! I figure if I'm diligent, faith has to follow! 
     The next day, we were in Texas City. We had the best meal I've had in all my time out here. It's a Honduran food called baliadas. It's a glorified burrito with eggs; but the lady made them SO good! We got a phone call from Sister Mecham (missionary health lady in Sugar Land) during dinner saying we needed to get back to the island ASAP. Sister Nath had a nasty bike crash, hit her head badly, and we assisted her to the urgent care center. Now, we generally have to be in our apartments by 9:30. But after staying at the hospital getting vital signs taken and CT scans and all that fun stuff, we didn't get in until after 11:15! It was a rush! We got permission to give her a blessing, and that was pretty cool. Poor girl has a bad concussion. Fortunately nothing worse. That helped boost my faith! Heavenly Father was watching out for her. 
     Just when I though it'd never get crazier that that night (pretty naive, right?), it did! 
     On Thursday, we celebrated Elder Rockhill's 21st birthday. We had a lot of food haha. It was a great day. Then, President Ashton called during a lesson, and left a message for me to call him. I did, and got the biggest shock ever. "Elder Spjute, the Lord wants you to train this next transfer."
     I am finishing my training this week, and then I'm gonna be a trainer! Hence, my title. I'm gonna be a "dad". Poor Elder Rockhill has spiraled into depression because he doesn't want to leave. It's kinda pathetic. Not trying to sound rude, but like an author would say it. It's pretty sad. 
     I've decided to sacrifice my fear of training (because I went all that night jaw- agape), and replace it with faith. I have faith. I have a lot of faith. I will continue to grow more faith. The Lord will be my constant companion! 
     Last thing, Ivonne FINALLY got baptized yesterday. I confirmed her in Spanish, which was awesome! I loved it, and the Spirit was so strong! Miracle: she now has every Sunday free to go to the English ward for church! This gospel is amazingly true! I love it so much! Pray for my new companion!

-Elder Spjute

First two pics: Celebrating Elder Rockhill's birthday



Johnathon during the biker rally last week. He's Nathaly's son.

district at the temple last week

No comments:

Post a Comment