Thursday, October 16, 2014

Finally P-day

    Yeah, 9 days in between P-Day is really hard. I was all out of clean clothes. We were almost out of food. It was chaotic haha. But nonetheless, I love it here so much! I've found especially this week that as I pray about specific people, I feel more connected with them, and can figure out how to help them most efficiently. I have been building a much stronger relationship with my Father in Heaven, and encourage everyone else to continue to do the same! 
     I'm almost finished with my second journal! This one I started the day after I opened my mission call. It is really cool to read through entries and see how far I've come. It is most inspiring when I can see the pattern of reliance on the Lord. As I put more in the Lord's hands, somehow, I am blessed more. You'd think it would be based on personal effort, but I testify that it is not! If we concentrate our efforts on our Savior, service, and relying on our Heavenly Father, things will more often work out. 
     I've heard a lot of people talk about the weather. Let me just tell you now that you are lucky not to have Galveston weather. We had like 2 days this week under 80 degrees. I'm still sweatin like a banshee! 
     So Elder Rockhill and I were told not to go to transfer meetings because the third companion we were going to get went to a different companionship. I was actually kinda bummed because that might have helped to relieve some of the two-man pressure. HOWEVER, I met the guy that would have been it on Sunday when we stayed the night in Houston in preparation for the meeting with a 70 named Elder Schwitzer the next day. The kid was a mess! His name is Elder Bets. He's so darn negative! I had previously prayed a little upset at why the transfer didn't go through. After meeting the guy, I've been praying with gratitude! May i never be that guy...
     So Elder Stoker got transferred from the English companionship, and that was really sad. His replacement is a big guy named Elder LeBlanc. He was a bit of a trouble missionary, so we were all a little scared, but he's actually really funny, and I've enjoyed him since he's been here. 
     Miracle!: After a fast by the zone for specific investigators, our investigator, Ivonne, got another co-worker so that she can come to church on Sundays now! So great! :D 
     I've grown to love Hispanic food. This could be to my downfall... I'll have to keep working out a lot! But man, real tamales are incredible! There's a Salvadorian dish called pupusas that are soooo good and so cheap at the restaurant that Ivonne works at. We get discounts :) 
     I've been really music and October trunky. I miss those things so much! I'm hoping this desire for a beautiful fall will pass soon haha. All in all though, I really love it here!
     We stayed the night Sunday at Elder Rockhill's old area in Houston. I got to see and hang out with Elder Sharp from the CCM. It was a good time! The next day was a Zone Conference with that 70. It was really inspiring. It helped me see the missionary work from a new, more Christ-centered perspective. 
     I hope everything is going well back home and wherever y'all are! I love you so much, and this gospel! The church is true! No doubt about it!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment