Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Weekly Report

So this week was awesome! First off, I want to let everyone know that my P- Day next week will be on Wednesday, due to a meeting with a member of the quorum of the 70 on Monday. He's gonna talk to us for a while that day, so we'll be in Houston. Next, I wanted to thank everyone who has had a hand in my success out here. I feel very blessed, and know that I couldn't do this without your prayers. Keep 'em coming, please!
     Who loved conference!? I DID! It was incredible! My questions beforehand were on the subject of faith. I waited the whole weekend, and Elder Scott answered them all in the very last session! So cool. My favorite talk, however was Elder Christoffersen. So dang powerful! There were definitely a lot of good lessons learned this weekend. I encourage you all to reread the talks! Invite others to learn from them too! We got to watch the conference in the chapel. So cool!
     So my BIG challenge for EVERYONE this week: go see the movie Meet The Mormons in theaters on the 10th. I've had the special opportunity to see it with 4 different zones in a zone meeting this Tuesday! It was amazing! You must show this to everyone! It is for all people! It shows the lives of 6 different LDS people, and is really incredible. 
     Later that Tuesday, i got a flat on my bike, and this guy rides by on a bike with a pump on the front! What a deal! He was from Guatemala, and said he'd meet with us. That is definitely a miracle :) 
     I went on exchanges this week with Elder Johnson, the other English Elder. He's the funniest guy out here. We had such a blast! He also cooks like a boss. We had a great time! We put our bikes in 1st gear and pedaled like crazy. Everyone who drove by giggled a little. Felt great! 
     We had a zone fast this week for a bunch of different investigators with problems. It was definitely a Spiritual experience. I highly encourage those to anyone who needs a little help, or just needs to get closer to Heavenly Father. 
     After our fast, we went to the temple!!! Elder Rockhill and I went with investigator Ivonne, her sister/recent convert Nathaly, and their mom. It felt like a family road trip! It's nice being able to understand more and more Spanish. I love it a lot! That was such a Spiritual high! Nathaly was able to be baptized for her grandmother. Poor Ivonne had to wait in the car, but it was worth it! We just gotta get her baptized, then we can go again with her! We got home an hour and 15 minutes late, repented, and slept hard before conference.
     I'm very grateful for all of the families that feed us here! I'm trying not to put on weight haha. The moral of the story is, be generous and loving, and it will come back to bless you! Yesterday, the coolest guy, Hno. Tellez, took us to Sugar Land, and we got to go to a friend of Elder Rockhill's baptism. Great people here! I keep praying for people to see the importance of this work!
     We had transfer calls this morning. Elder Stoker (English) is leaving. So sad. I'm really sure that Elder Rockhill is about to become ZL. I gotta go. I love you all tons! The church is true!

-Elder Spjute

Elder Spjute's district on the ferry


Houston temple



We're with investigator Ivonne (skinny), her sister Nathaly (recent convert), and their mom Hna. Idiaquez. So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment