Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Short Week

Well I know it sounds lame, but this week was rather uneventful. It has been like 5 days since last P-Day. I'm gonna start by giving an outline of a regular day. 6:30- up and out the door for a run. We come back after about 2 miles and finish with a bit of other exercise. 8:00- start personal studies for an hour. 9:00- start companionship studies. 10:00- start 12 week training (because I'm still new.) For this we watch movies, read Preach My Gospel, etc. 11:00 start language training.12:00- start lunch (or on Thursday, start weekly planning which takes about 3-4 hours). 1:00 out on bikes around Galveston, or in car around Texas City, Hitchcock, or La Marque. We have one hour for dinner whenever it is most effectively available. 9:00 (or 9:30 if we have lessons to teach)- in the house and starting planning for the next day. Once we finish planning for the next day, we change into regular clothes, and have personal time until we have to be in bed.10:30- lights off, which means in bed, or praying. 
     Every Thursday, we have dinner at 4:00 with Hna (hermana [sister]) Perez, the daughter of the lady I baptized. She always makes great food! I gave her mom a nice baptism picture with a frame. They put me up on the wall! We have dinner with the Rabago family (the husband is the president of our Lehi Branch) every Sunday. I love them! Sister Rabago sends pictures to my mom. She's like a mom-away-from-Mom. We eat at Cici's once or twice a week when we go to Texas City, La Marque, and Hitchcock.
     We've been doing a lot of reactivation with less actives lately. We have some of the coolest less actives! I love so many of them! There are so many that have to work on Sunday though. Many are very lazy. Some are too prideful offended. Hispanic people can be very easily offended! But if they can tell you love them, it works out well. 
     Our favorite less active families include the Zarate's. They have a pitbull named Gringo who is just awesome! They have young men who come out with us occasionally. They have a lot of cool names in their family: Orbit, Edwin, Gardinia, Oliver, Audie. Then there's the Luevanos. He makes fun of me, but I've learned to love him. He really is funny. There are others, but these are just some of the funnest ones. 
     I wish I had more good stories from this week! Things are all going well. The new English elder here, Elder LeBlanc, who is "troubled" and has been disobedient on his mission, is really cool! He's definitely crazy, but I love him, and he's hilarious! We're doing well in Galveston. The work is a little slow though. I still appreciate the prayers and support in my behalf. I love you all so much!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment