Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Temple Tuesday!

So today was my last quarterly trip to the temple! I'll go through one more time for my final trip, but that's it! I love the temple so much, and have grown to love the Houston temple even more :) It's such a beautiful temple! I have so many good memories there!
     So bad news, sports fans, I'm standing up, and typing is super uncomfortable. I'll type as much as I can bear. So hang in there.
     It was a great week! We got contacted by TWO different teenage guys. They both stopped us on different days, and asked us questions. One of them named Jose was going to get baptized when he was living in Laredo Mexico some months ago. He seems super interested :) He might be gay. Pray he can resist temptation! He has a baptismal date for the 11th of June. The other guy, Zachary, is Tex-Mex, so doesn't speak Spanish. He's cool though, so we'll turn him over to the English Elders. The Lord has been blessing us lately with more people to teach! Our finding efforts aren't helping a ton, but we're still finding! :D
     One of our friends, Vanessa Villatoro, has a friend she goes to school with named Jackie who also has told us she would get baptized if she got her answer. Super great :D
     We taught this less active guy yesterday that I'd known about for quite some time. He only has Mondays off, so it's a little tough for us. It turns out that he's a total stud! He's been in the states for only 5 months, and he came to church for the first 2 or 3. He was Elders' quorum president in Guerrero Mexico! His testimony is rock solid! His conversion story is super incredible, and man, you could feel the spirit in his place. He's been detained by work, so can't come to church for right now. But he's gonna ask for Sunday off. His name is Angel, and he's 25. Super cool guy! It blows my mind how many Hispanics are so in tune with the Spirit! He's had visions, and warning feelings that all turn out to be right. And he's NOT the first Hispanic that has happened to. I have several companions who have similar stuff. Kind of a cool cultural fact!
     I finished Alma in my Libro de Mormon, and am well on my way to finishing it in Spanish for the second time before I go home. I love it so much! I love Spanish, and I love the Book of Mormon!
     On Saturday, we got stuck in the chapel after another one of the hermanas' baptisms due to the rain. It rained SO HARD! We were in the chapel from 2:00 to about 6:30. Then on Sunday as well, we were stuck in the apartment for a little while. We were still studying, though, so it was good. Crazy Texas weather. It's about to get really, really hot.
     We got to teach Gospel Principles because the teachers' apartment flooded again for the second time in a month. Poor folks. I absolutely loved it, though! I love that situation; especially because my Spanish is a little over par, if I do say so myself. It was all about the Spirit world, so I thoroughly enjoyed it. That's about all that's fit to print for the week.
     I want everyone to know that I love being a missionary. Marc was on the phone with me last night and he told me he believed I liked being a missionary, but didn't know if I loved it for sure. I need you all to know that I wouldn't trade this time right now for anything! I love it so much; I love the people, even with all their flaws; I love Texas, even with all its humidity; I love the Spirit, even when I feel so little of it; I strive for the Spirit. I strive to help others because I love it! I love you all, and once more am so grateful for your contribution to my mission!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment