Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy Belated New Year

I'd like to share some of my resolutions for this year. I will read the Book of Mormon in Spanish once more before coming home. I will get fit before coming home by utilizing Free Lettics, a workout program I was in to earlier in the mission, and Elder Spjute's Fit Into His Pants Plan. Should be good. I will read scriptures or other personal doctrinal study for at least 30 minutes every day. For the rest of my life. There are some others, but those were some of the ones I wanted to be held accountable for!
     It was a good week! For the first half, I ate horribly. For the second half, not so much haha. Welcome 2016. On Tuesday, I got to teach in District meeting about setting goals based off of the email President Hall sent out. It was a cool assignment. I enjoyed it :) I learned a lot! Such as: our hearts (emotional support/stamina) must be in our goals. We must plan with our goals. We should ask the Lord to confirm and support our goals. 
     So, Milton is a stud. We took him out for about 7 hours on Thursday, and after visiting the wife of his home teaching companion, he decided to call him up and schedule their appointments for later that night so they could get it done before the month ended. Yep, he's a stud. It greatly inspired one of his families, the father of which is active, and set a goal to do all of his visits this year. Great!
     On New Years eve, we had to be inside at 7, so we did weekly planning. It was good! I can work pretty well usually with Elder Romero. Sometimes we have some weird experiences where we just don't click, and our teaching is a little off, but for the most part it's good. I'm just trying to make him love people. He's kind of closed off emotionally. He is an incredible teacher, but he lacks true love, one of the biggest and best attributes of Christ.
     We had an MLC on Friday. Guess what? We just got permission to tract!! We're a tracting mission. Which is great because I've seen many demonstrations of it working! Should be interesting. Also, we're not doing transfer meetings anymore. That's really sad. I'd grown to love those. We'll know on Monday where we're going and who we're going with or if we stay. That will be the big news next week! I want to stay and sometimes I really want to go. I'm not sure. We'll see what the Lord has in store. 
     Things are good. We're working hard. The Lord is too good to us. Keep praying for us, please. I love you all!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment