Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Goodbye Beloved Kemah

 Well sports fans, this is it. I received the call from President Hall last night saying that I was no longer going to be a zone leader, but would be serving as a district leader. He let me wait 'til today to read the email to find out where I'm going. I'll be in down town Houston in the Houston 2 Spanish ward. I'm in a biking area. Also, the smallest area in the mission. I'm with my fourth in-field white companion, Elder Stout. So for the next couple days, I get to say the dreaded goodbyes. Wish me luck!
     Important note! P-Day next week will be on the 19th due to MLK day.
     This was a good week! On Tuesday, we had our Zone Meeting in Galveston. That went well. I taught for about 45 minutes. There was a lot of big news, and it didn't all go down great, but it went down! The AP's were at the meeting, which was cool. I like those guys. One of them is Elder Leszynski. I went on exchanges with him right afterwards. I went up to his area. Super nice! Lots of fun, laughter, and learning. I've since gotten a lot better at planning.
     On Wednesday, Elder Romero and I had an awesome day, and found a golden investigator who now has a baptismal date. We found him by knocking doors :D His name is William. High hopes for the guy. We had a few other really good lessons. 
     Later that night, we were planning. It was pretty thorough. We were taking a little while, but it was necessary. Elder Romero got super impatient, and we had a big emergency comp inventory. He told me we needed to be faster, and I told him he needed to act out of love more. 
     The next day, we were studying humility, and he wouldn't talk to me for a good 3/4 of the day. It was a good learning experience for both of us. I think he shows his love in really different ways that I'm just not used to. It was good though. We pulled out of it well, and would keep working well another transfer if we needed to.
     So finally, one of my Chapin (guatemalan) buddies, Rony (Favio's brother) decided to get baptized! I taught him for a while, but he moved out of the area a while ago. Still in the branch, though. He got baptized on Saturday, and there were so many elders that came to see it that had taught him before! Elder Sharp, Evans, Mota, Post, Escobar, and some others. Too cool! I got to confirm him the next day in church :) This is what the gospel is all about, people! 
     I also gave a talk yesterday about missionary work. Pretty simple haha ;) I live it. I love it. My testimony is rock solid, and I will not come home the same person! I love you all,

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment