Monday, January 4, 2016

And There Goes Christmas

What a week! So last Monday, I got to spend the night in Sugar Land on exchanges with Elder Mehew for the Christmas Conference. I love Elder Mehew! We had such a blast. We had a choir practice, and spent the night in some Chinese Elders' apartment. The next morning, we got there early to practice again, and the conference started at 8. What a conference!
     Elder Mehew and 5 other guys and me got volunteered to learn and sing O Come, O Come Emmanuel; which went well :) The choir did really well. Ex-temple pres Crane and his wife came and spoke, and did a really nice job. Pres Hall also gave a wonderful talk. All about Christ's love and the Father's love for us. Really decent. I love the mission! I love all the good food we ate. We also got to watch Insideout, a newer Disney movie. It was a special treat with Pres Hall's permission. So much fun. 
     Our white handbook tells us that holidays are some of the best times for proselyting, and tells us to work hard these days. However, this week, an unusually large amount of people we tried to visit wouldn't open the door. That's kind of a Hispanic thing. They just don't think it's a big deal. Totally a patience tester. But we have taught a few good lessons this week. 
     On the 24th, we had a family night with all the youth (18-26) and the familia Malacara. That's a big party night in Hispanic culture and seeing as these youth are away from all their families, we thought it would be great to throw a little spiritual party. They loved it :) We ate a lot.
     Christmas was awesome! We ate a ton! Again! I wanted to thank all of you that sent me cards or gifts. They are SO appreciated. I love you all. And of course, I got to skype with my family, and that was so fun! Just a good day, full of love. Christmas on the mission has a really special feeling. I woke up on Christmas morning, and knelt down and wished Heavenly Father a merry Christmas. I think He appreciated it! 
     The next day, I completed my second decade! I'm now 20, and it's weird. But it was a good birthday. That's two years I've missed the Hispanic tradition of getting your face smashed into a birthday cake. Can't say I'm too sad about that ;) 
     Well, folks, the Gospel is true. I live it. and I love it! I love you all!

-Elder Spjute


I finished the Spanish Book of Mormon this week. :)

This is Hna Johnson. She came into the mission at the same time, and was born on Galveston with me. She goes home today. It was bitter sweet. She's like my twin sister!
Elder Mehew and I and the elders in the Chinese area

Us and our Christmas

The district

Family Home Evening


No comments:

Post a Comment