Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 16 letter. Last week in Missouri City

Well saddest of the sad, I'm getting transferred from my home in Missouri City. Elder Huaraca is staying to train a greenie! I've already said goodbye to the wonderful Hna Garcia and her daughter Hna Rivas. Man, I'm a cry baby... but so are they! That was rough! But I know I'm going for a good cause! I'm absolutely coming back to visit someday.
     So this week, we've been recouperating from our sickness. Hna Garcia gave us ginger to make into a tea with lemon and honey (also provided by her). I actually loved it! Ginger is jenjibre in Spanish :) Plus I gave Elder Huaraca a blessing on Thursday. I love doing that! I also gave Hna Rivas one yesterday. She'd been a little worried and distracted because she had two bad car experiences this week. One of them being a bad accident. It was such a pleasure to give her the blessing!
     Well about the only other mentionable thing that happened this week is the trip to the temple! So darn mentionable! It was incredible! After teaching Hno Martinez about the temple for the last 5 months, I finally took him through! The session was in Spanish, which I really enjoyed, quite frankly. His wife was crying practically the whole time. She works at the temple in case I hadn't mentioned.
     After the session, we went to the sealing room in which ex-stake president Portillo (amazingly wonderful man) was the sealer! The room was packed, and Elder Huaraca and I were the witnesses. It was such an amazing experience being there with them through all of that! I'll never forget it. 
     I know the temple holds such wonderful blessings. I'm so excited to progress within the temple and keep returning. I love this gospel and have seen such a wonderful effect from it on people's lives. I know I was sent to this mission and this area for a reason. I'm so glad to be a missionary. I love the Lord! The church is true! I love you all,
 
-Elder Spjute
 

No comments:

Post a Comment