Monday, June 8, 2015

Holy Service Batman

     Yeah, I think Elder Huaraca and I had a combined total of 71 service hours this week. We're getting pretty beat haha. The lame thing is that I've been super sick for about a week now. He just caught the cold, and is getting into it. Some prayers on our health's behalf would be much appreciated.
     So last Tuesday, we went to Hna Garcia's with Elders Holderness and Mehew. We all got stuffed, and Elder Holderness was all but moaning. Elder Mehew asked Hna Garcia with this evil grin, "Hermana, tiene helado? Porque mi companero lo quiere." (do you have any ice cream? Because my companion wants it.) She said no, but she'd go buy it for us. When we tried to explain we were kidding, she wouldn't take it. She got a phone call from Hna Alvarez, and she told her to bring ice cream over. She said, "I have 10 missionaries here, and I'll block the doors til you get here!" I about died laughing.
     It's been a painful, amazing service process. We've been scratching out linoleum, ripping out wood flooring (LOTS of it), tearing out the dry wall three feet and lower, and more. We've been working around camera crews and junk a ton. American Red Cross and All Hands have been working with us a bunch as well. I've had everything from dehydration muscle cramps to blisters on the hands to stepping on a nail.
     On Thursday, Elder Huaraca and I had been working in a room for 30 minutes when I stepped on the nail. It just went into my big toe. It wasn't even that bad, but as soon as I could take my shoe off, my front two toes were covered in blood. That was cute. I patched it up and went back to work.
     So this Friday will be our P-Day. We'll cut it a little short to make up for emailing today. We are going to the temple on Friday with the Martinez family. Along with Elder Figueroa and Elder Huaraca, we taught Hno the temple lessons, and they were awesome enough to plan a date to go that we could come. They've got 6 return missionaries coming to see the sealing
:) I'm so excited! I'll send pictures next week, hopefully. I love you all!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment