Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hola a todo

     This week has been awesome! So many good times! I'll just start right into it!
     On Tuesday last week, we had a Zone Meeting. Our Zone, Houston South is the biggest one in the mission; it's 26 people. It was a great meeting. Our Zone Leader, Elder Alexander gave a great lecture on love. He told us to ask Heavenly Father three things in prayer. Are you (Heavenly Father) my father? Do you really exist? Do you really love me? We were promised that our answer would be one we'd never forget. That night, I was listening to a song that I sang with my dad as a child called  "Daddy What If?" The last verse of the song, is the child asking, "Daddy, what if I stopped lovin' you?" The father responds, "If you stopped lovin' me, then the grass would stop growin'. The sun would stop shinin', and the wind would stop blowin'. So you see, if you wanna keep this whole world a-goin', you'd better start loving me again!" It brought tears to my eyes, as I realized that if this is the love of an earthly father, how much more we must mean to our Father in Heaven, who's love is perfect! Such a sweet experience!
     On Thursday, we were chased by dogs a lot! At the last part of the night, it was dark, in a sketchy neighborhood with muddy roads, and we were biking away from a bunch of German Shepherds. I almost fell in a pot-hole, and my heart skipped a beat!
     On Friday, I had my first bike crash. Elder Figueroa and I were joking about having a bike crash. Also, we joke about this elder in our district who got pistol-whipped. I thought I probably got sent here to get the same thing just for making fun of him. Well... I crashed on my bike, and hit my face, bruising my cheek in the same place where he got piston-whipped haha. Two birds, one stone! It was funny; I was biking in the dark with no hands, holding a big bible over my hands yelling repentance unto the people. Elder Figueroa was all, "I'm pretty sure that won't save you from a crash!" I replied, "It will save my soul though!" ... he was right.
     Yesterday, we had a leadership meeting, which I got invited too. That means I'll probably end up going District Leader soon. Pretty cool. Also cool because I got to see Elders Leszynski and LeBlanc there :D So fun!
     The work is continuing to progress! I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

-Elder Spjute


No comments:

Post a Comment