Monday, January 12, 2015

Cold Front


     Well I rode the bike pretty much every day this week because our peopled areas are a decent ways away from our apartment, so we drive to one spot, and park the car. It got down to mid 30's this week. That with rain and wind and humidity on a bike is pretty painful haha. This was a great week though! We're really progressing in the area. 
     Lemme just say, Spanish is getting super comfortable. Haha every now and then, I have to correct my companion, who was born in Mexico, and spoke it back home. Nonetheless, I acknowledge that this is only possible due to the help of the Lord. 
     We've been working with a bunch of old records here, so we're mostly trying go get ahold of everyone. We can see why a bunch of these people were dropped (they stopped progressin). But then, occasionally, there are teaching records where the missionaries said, "we could have done more." What? Really? Well, we're gonna do more. And we have. I've never worked so hard! I'm always dead tired by night time. We've been chased by dogs every day this week! We start rating dogs we pass. For example, chihuahuas are like a 2; German shepherds (of which there are tons!) are like a 9 or 10. It's a fear scale haha. Or danger scale; you pick. 
     We really needed to find more people to teach earlier in the week, so we called Bishop Martin. The bishop is the one with the keys to finding (he can recieve revelation on what will help us find more people to teach). He said to try good, old-fashioned door knocking. I tracted for the first time. We knocked on whatever door looked like a Hispanic's. We talked with everyone we could, and ended up with great numbers and some awesome people to try back later. Man, ask and you shall recieve! 
     This ward is amazing! I love it so much! Everyone active wants to help as much as they can in the missionary efforts! Our Ward Mission Leader is totally involved. I actually got to give him a blessing the other day because his knee was bad. My Spanish has never felt so good :) I had a dream in Spanish later that night :D So cool! 
     So we get to go to the temple pretty rarely; it's a super nice treat. We do it twice a year with the whole mission. We get to do it every quarter of a year according to our desires and miles we are allowed in the cars. We can go with Recent Converts as soon as their ready; but only for their first time. With recent converts here, we have the chance of going a few times this transfer, for which I'm stoked! 
     I'm finding that our vacation here in paradise has ended, but am loving it nonetheless. If we weren't working, it wouldn't be worth it anyway. I love it. And I love the gospel so much! I love reading the scriptures. I've re-started reading the Book of Mormon since New Year's. I am finding stuff I never realized before. It is truely the keystone of our religion. This church is true. It is my rock, and Jesus Christ is my Savior! I love you all; have a great week!
 
-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment