Friday, February 26, 2016

Staying in H2

Well, we got the email, and it looks like I'm staying right here with Elder Stout. Woohoo! I do love it here! 
     So this week, I finally caught up with my journal writing for the first time the whole transfer! It was also a 6 day week, which was nice. But time isn't really making sense now, anyway. 
     On Wednesday, we had district meeting. I assigned a decent amount, so didn't have to work as hard. It was nice! I learned a lot. I had Elder Stout talk about prayer, Elder Seal talk about how to help investigators progress, and Hna Hofheins talk about how to work in unity with the companion. It was great, actually!
     Later that day, we went to eat with Ana and Juan. Ana is one of Elder Sharp's converts who is awesome, from el Salvador, married to a Mexican, and makes the BEST pupusas! We ate so much! She had to leave early for a meeting, so we got to chat with Juan, who isn't a member. Such a cool guy; comes to church every week, and has a strong testimony. He told us he has some big time grudges to get over before baptism and went really in depth. He gave me a big hug before leaving. Love that guy! 
     I decided I wanted to really help him; even though he doesn't live in my area, it's the sisters'. Pres Hall sent an email on how to control our thoughts. I decided to translate it to Spanish. It took me about 10 hours in total throughout the week, but totally worth it! It felt so good to serve someone so personally. It turned out to be a paper of about 1700 words! I had one of our teenagers in the area read it, and she loved it! I gave her a copy. Spanish is so cool, and I've been so blessed with this gift! 
     Saturday was a super cool day. Really odd sequence of events though. We played basketball in the morning like always, then stayed at the church to help with the cleaning a bit later. After studies later on, we returned to the church to finish typing and printing the paper for Juan. I finished it in good time! Then we headed out and taught 4 lessons, which is pretty good for us; especially having started to do so at 5. We decided to sacrifice dinner for the sake of time, then got fed by two families after. Blessings!
     I got to sing in church yesterday :) I did the same song I sang for the baptism last week, so to some it was no surprise. We did add violin this time, though. Mom told me she got the recording of that, so that's good! I really love singing for other people! It brings the spirit so strongly; to me! 
     I am well and healthy. I love being a missionary, as always. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else! I love you all, and wish you a wonderful week!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment