Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Back in Kemah

     Well, I spent Monday and Tuesday and the first part of Wednesday saying goodbye to everyone in the area with Elder Mota. So did Elder Evans in his area with Elder Sharp. My goodbies were all in vain, though! We got to the transfer meeting on Wednesday (which was a lot of fun; I sat by Elder Mehew, who is one of my Missouri City friends), and they announced that I was going back to Kemah with Elder Sharp, and they were going to combine our two areas! Crazy! 
     I'd also gotten a phone call from President on Tuesday saying I was going to be a Zone Leader this transfer. They put all of the Zone Leaders in companionships. Elder Sharp and I are the Galveston Zone Leaders; and since we're the only Elders in the Kemah area, he's the District Leader as well. I'll miss that responsibility, but Zone Leader should be fun too! The craziest part is that I was good friends with Elder Sharp in the CCM, and told him our first day in Texas that I had received the revelation that I was going to be companions with him haha. 
     Elder Mota went to Missouri City with Elder Holderness. There's now 3 Hispanics in that district; crazy! Mota, Huaraca, and Grimaldo (Huaraca's son). [ex-elder] Riley Rockhill came to visit, and drove up in a new, blue 370Z Nissan. He's so worldly haha. But he's doing good. It got up to 105 this Wednesday. Gross.
     Elder Sharp and I have been getting to know both of our areas. It's been a fun and stressful process. I like it; I'm glad to stay here in Kemah :) 
     Two Spiritual Highs from the week. The first was MLC (mission leadership council). It was a few hour long meeting with all the Zone Leaders, APs, Sister Training Leaders, and President Hall and his wife. It was incredible. We didn't learn anything too new, but we covered a lot of really good points of how to have better success in the zones. I'm really excited to put it all into practice with exchanges, OYMing (open your mouth), and other essentials we discussed. The Spirit was really powerful.
     The other one was an OYM that we had contacting this English speaking guy yesterday named Kendall. He was a stud! Covered in tattoos, and smoking, but absolutely loved the message we gave. The whole time, I was thinking about the book Our Search For Happiness by M. Russell Ballard. He talks about missionaries contacting this guy who looks completely opposite from what you'd think a member of the church would be, but he completely turns his life around. It was a great experience. At one point, Kendall asked us if we were happy. I felt so honest as I testified that yes; the gospel makes me SO happy! 
     I know it's true! I've felt it. I love it. I know my Savior lives, and this is His work. I have a testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel. I love you all, and hope with all sincerity that you can feel the same happiness. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

-Elder Spjute 

No comments:

Post a Comment