Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Week!

    And, lots to tell! I'm just gonna jump in on Elder Montoya and his situation. Two days after the accident, he came in to class patched up on the nose, with two teeth out, but in good spirits. The plan was, he'd stay for training for the full 6 weeks, then go back to America for 1 month for dental care, then get assigned to the field somewhere.Word came in from Salt Lake, and they made an executive order against that on Monday. He was to be sent home immediately, and stay home for 6 months, then re-submit his papers. So he went to the airport at 2 am on Wednesday, and is now home. That was a very tough parting. We sang Nearer My God to Thee (our districts theme song) for our last night. Wow, tears. 
     So for other things from the week: Hermana Vawdrey (a sweedish name, also in my district) is a piano major, and we were all just singing for the heck of it last p-day. She pulled out this really cool version of Come Thou Fount, which she asked me to sing along to. An old couple (probably branch president and wife) heard us, and made us sign up for a devotional audition. We'll do that tomorrow. Kinda cool; the man's wife buttered me up like nobody's business haha. Pretty sweet.
     Elder Black and my lessons are going so well with our investigators! Spanish is so dang cool! There's so much more to it, than I gave it credit! Kinda humbling, but good for me! Kinda struggling with a companion who doesn't want to be here. He is in a foul mood a lot, and it's tough; nonetheless, because the Lord is my strength, I'll press on!
     I'm now about 200 pages into Jesus The Christ, and I flippin' love this book. It's so inspired, and just amazing :) Some interesting things in the zone: There's only 3 districts here. My DL got moved up to ZL with his companion ( Abuelo [grandpa] Jensen and Abuelo Mace) and Elder Alldrege from my room got moved up to new DL (Padre Alldredge). The Hermanas are now zone sister leaders or whatever it's called haha. So big things haha.
     I've gotten to know the other guys across the hall who are going to Houston pretty well. They're all really cool guys. I'm so excited for the field. 
     Mail here is extremely slow, but if anyone wants to use dearelder.com, you can send me quick physical mail like that. Just a thought ;) 
     That's about all I got for this week. Know that I love you all, and the church is true. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, and this church is the kingdom of God on earth to all who will accept it! God speed!

-Elder Spjute





No comments:

Post a Comment