Thursday, August 14, 2014

Time Is Broken

 I have only 12 days left in the beautiful Mexico CCM! I can already tell it will be ridiculously hard saying goodbye to my district. I love them so much. My teacher, Padre Muñoz will be hard to say goodbye to as well. He just got engaged! We mess around and make fun of him a lot for it. All in good spirits though. 
     A few times, a tie Mafia will come by our room at night. We trade a bunch then! I've probably traded 10 or so :) I'm doing really well! 
     Hermana Vawdrey and I auditioned with Come Thou Fount, which went amazingly! They said we'll perform on the Tuesday a week or so before I leave. But we also have to have Spanish lyrics, which is a bit of a bummer. But still really cool! She's a cool girl, and I'm glad she agreed to do that with me :) 
     On Saturday, we had TRC (I don't remember the acronym). Anyway, all the companionships in the district teach a new 'investigator' for one time. Well me and Elder Black actually had a REAL nonmember/investigator! We committed him to prayer and to read the Book of Mormon! The Spirit was intensely strong!
     The next day, I gave a 5 minute talk in Spanish in Sacrament Meeting on Enduring to the End. It was a really cool experience. 
     There is a bug going around here. It is a flippin' plague! There are a few people in our casa that we quarantine away. Elder Black was worried he had something coming on. Fortunately, I thing Mom's doterra oils have helped me a lot. Also, 8 hours of sleep a night!
     I took the opportunity to fast again this week because my mind wasn't where I wanted it to be. I've never seen such rapid results; it was a wonderful thing! I love this gospel! 
On Monday, Elder Black convinced himself that he was getting sick (if you can't tell, there is some contention between us...), and he turned sour! His frustrations gave him a headache, and man, he was a grump! If this were an occasional thing, it wouldn't be a big deal, but he is frequently way off with his attitude. So while our district was having fun in the class room, we were out in the hall studying so he could be away from the noise. I said a silent prayer that something would happen to help. Sure enough, the Lord pulled through!
     We took a baño run, and on our way back, he was grumbling about something that made him angry, and I exploded. Probably a bit too forcefully, but man I snapped and told him that it was time for something to change. He told me to spill everything (which surprised me), so I said this was too frequent, and things needed to change. He acknowledged everything I said, and responded in a way i wasn't expecting.
     This kid is a fighter. He had a rough past with not-so-pleasant memories. He told me he was in pain with our district. He feels inadequate around such righteous people and keeps that bottled up. I told him that yes, the Lord could help. The Lord is the first companion! But I told him that he also needed to be there for me, the second comp. I told him I'd help him as much as I could and that it was my job to be there for him. He had tears streaming down his cheeks, and I knew that the message had made it across. As I hugged him, I gained a new understanding for him, and he for me. I still wish he were more pleasant, especially in the mornings... But I have a better feel for what is going on in his head. I continue to pray for patience. 
     Elder Montoya will be returning sooner than the 6 months before told. The dentists should be up and running with quicker procedures for him. He messaged Padre Muñoz' phone with pictures of his new teeth. He's also going to Chile as planned :) Cool stuff. 
     That's about it for this week! I know this gospel is true, and see it's effect more in my life every day! I love you all!

-Elder Spjute

No comments:

Post a Comment