Thursday, July 31, 2014

Crazy Week!

And the title ain't lying! This was a week of hard, hard work. But it's good, and I love it. 
     So, I'm gonna give my milestones in chronological order. Last Thursday, Elder Black was having a really rough night, so Elder Burton (from our room) asked him if he wanted a blessing, which he agreed to. I gave my first blessing then. Such a strong spiritual experience. I know it has helped. The next night, I asked my room for a blessing as well... I've been having nightmares for some time now. After the fifth one here, I asked, and my compañero delivered. It was another really great experience. I haven't had a single nightmare since! I know there is immense power in the priesthood. 
     Our 'investigator' became our teacher on Saturday or so. That has been rough because you feel a little bit cheated.  But our other teacher, Padre Muñoz is amazing :) I've begun reading Jesus The Christ, and am about 6 chapters in. I love this book! It is so informational, and just powerful. I've learned answers to questions that have been on my mind for years! Cool :) One of the biggest things here in the CCM is tie trading. I have traded 2 ties thus far. One purple one for a brown and blue one (a bad trade) and one black one for a bright orange one (a fantastic trade)! Pretty fun. Last Sunday, Elder Black and I blessed the sacrament in our ward in Spanish. Pretty neat. 
     Padre Muñoz became another investigator on Monday. We had a great lesson with him. I sang Come Unto Jesus in Español. It was my first time actually showing my talent. The Spirit was really strong! Later that night, Hermana Lance, one of the two sisters in our district asked the 10 of us elders for a blessing. Another Spiritual High for me. Beforehand, we sang a hymn to further invite the Spirit.On Tuesday, I bought a real Sprite! Wonderful! And I threw a frisbee again. Also wonderful! 
     Now for yesterday's story. Half way through class in between lunch and dinner, it starts pouring. It's soaking outside when we head into the comedor (cafeteria). After we finish dinner, they wouldn't let us leave the comedor because the rain was too intense. I'm talking rivers in the streets. Biggest rain storm I've ever seen! After about 45 minutes, it lets up enough that we can run back to our class halls from dinner. When we get to the hall way, the floor is fairly wet. So Elder Montoya from my district slides down the hall on his feet. Everyone is a bit nervous. *Brace yourselves* He attempts a 180 spin/jump, and fails. His feet fly out from under him, and he hits chest first. His face smashes into the ground. He lay there staring blankly for a bit, then the blood. Elder Black yells for an elder to run and grab paper towels and to grab an adult. Pretty soon, everyone is gathered from the hall, and knows what happened. 
     Elder Montoya and his companion, Elder Call were rushed to the hospital. His nos was bleeding like a faucet. His front two teeth were destroyed. One of them was mostly fake, but not the other. Our district had some extreme prayer, and sang hymns for about 20 minutes. We haven't heard from elders Montoya or Call since. Montoya was worried he would be sent home. Lots of worry. It was a very, very somber night. Much prayer. He needs to be out here so badly. 
     Well that's about it! I'm still loving Mexico. The four guys in the room across from mine in the casa are all going to Texas, Houston South as well, so we're planning to meet up there :) I know this gospel is true, and I love it with all my heart! And I love you all! Keep the faith,

-Elder Spjute

4 comments:

  1. Is there anyway to get his address so I can send him a letter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alysia - I will see if I can get it and post it on his blog. I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alysia - Rex told my parents that snail mail takes 4-5 weeks to get to him there in Mexico City, and he's only got 3 weeks left there. So, at this point, it would be best if you just email him - thomas.spjute@myldsmail.net - and once he's in Houston I will post a physical address for him there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I seriously just saw your response going back through his blog. So sorry, but thank you for the effort to rind out for me I really appreciate it! I hope you are having a good week. :D

      Delete