Monday, December 7, 2015

Transfers

 The pics are of me and good ol' Cap'n Mehew at transfer meeting :) So Elder Sharp is gone. Elder Leszynski, my second in-field companion, is the new AP (cool!). I'm chillin' with my 5th Hispanic companion, Elder Romero. He is 26, a convert of 6 years, and has been in the states for 10 years. He's from El Salvador, but has been living in Corpus Christi. He teaches amazingly, which is nice. I love not having to worry about my companion's Spanish! He's also really obedient; that will help me. 
     We've had a pretty decent week! Sorry, this will be a very short email. Elder Sharp and I had kind of a rough end to the companionship. Elder Romero is learning the area, so I've kinda been taking him to meet everyone!
     Even with transfers, we still managed to have 20 sit-down lessons, which is pretty impressive, honestly. We will be working very hard this transfer. I'm ready to baptize again. 
     I got a phone call last night from the mission health lady, Sis Mecham, who told me she needed me to come to choir this morning. That means driving up to Sugar Land for a practice for the Christmas conference on the 22nd. I told her I'd do it if I could take Elder Mehew. So I did :) And it was fun :) My voice is not used to singing like that any more! I'll have to work it back up to it. 
     Please pray that this companionship will be happy and productive. Thank you all so much. I love you, and hope your December is going fantastically! 

-Elder Spjute



No comments:

Post a Comment